• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DoublebassTim

If Big Poppa is reading this, I would love to own a MM Stingray Headless someday!!!
Please make one!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

tbonesullivan

Yes! Lets ruin the iconic head stock and bridge to install a headless system that may require special strings, have issues with set screws stripping, and supplier issues.

Ok how about lets not.

mouth

Lol, headless.. Is there anything more ugly, outdated, cheesy and passé than a headless instrument? Not many things are I'd say. Yuck!

Karl

Please do not go down the headless route with any Stingray as that would be the height of stupidity!

tbonesullivan

Lol, headless.. Is there anything more ugly, outdated, cheesy and passé than a headless instrument? Not many things are I'd say. Yuck!
I don't get why everyone has this idea of "modernity" about headless instruments. They came out of the late 70s - early 80s. There's nothing new about them, or modern.

Golem

Begging of you my MM bro .... please lighten up ! See, I got TWO classic Bergers for sale and I reeeeeally need that $6K, okay ?

Thanks much !

mouth

Begging of you my MM bro .... please lighten up ! See, I got TWO classic Bergers for sale and I reeeeeally need that $6K, okay ?

Thanks much !

Lol, sorry, I overreacted and that was silly of me. My bad, MM bro :D

danny-79

Thanks much !

Wow! That’s a lot of fold for a tiny little bass ! :p

Joke aside they do sound pretty good and Timmy C has quite an extensive collection of them. Don’t think I’m brave enough to want to own one myself but would love to take one for a spin at some point.
Good luck with your sale

Edmang

Joke aside they do sound pretty good and Timmy C has quite an extensive collection of them. Don’t think I’m brave enough to want to own one myself but would love to take one for a spin at some point.
Good luck with your sale

Tried playing a guitar one back in the day that a friend had. Could never get used to it and found it disorienting for some reason

danny-79

Tried playing a guitar one back in the day that a friend had. Could never get used to it and found it disorienting for some reason

Many moons ago I used to work in a local guitar shop, Saturday job as a kid and remember them having a couple of Honer Jack guitars (if that’s what they were officially called) with a like leaver on the bottom so you were in with some chance of being able to hold it to play it ?!???!? Lol
Many moons later I’d love to have another go at one. Not that I want to own one just curious

strummer

Enormous Member
Many moons ago I used to work in a local guitar shop, Saturday job as a kid and remember them having a couple of Honer Jack guitars (if that’s what they were officially called) with a like leaver on the bottom so you were in with some chance of being able to hold it to play it ?!???!? Lol
Many moons later I’d love to have another go at one. Not that I want to own one just curious

That was the B2(a), looked a lot like a steiny, and was a cheap godsend at really tiny stages in the 80's haha. The Jack had a more traditional body, and thus didn't need the foldout to sit on your lap.

GregP

Now I wouldn’t care for a headless model myself. But a fanned fret model...now we are talking! :)
Take that 30” scale from the short scale on the G and D strings to get that buttery smooth tone. Then go up to 34” on the E. I think it would be incredible. :)

MarcMurder

i would pay ungodly amounts of money for a fanned fret EBMM its the only thing that's stopping my loadout from being exclusively ebmm

Golem

Good luck with your sale
If they were FL they’d be painful to part with. I am keeping my Synapse FL but it’s just not the same magic.

In my experience anyone that gets a real Berger in their hands always quits laffing.

Top Bottom