• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tbonesullivan

He'll put it out, and my guess is the majority of 8 string fans won't like it because:

- it isn't the right scale
- it isn't designed for the tuning they use
- it doesn't have fanned frets
- the neck is the wrong size

etc. Should be interesting.

Bill S

8 strings? I have an Almuse Explorer electric 4 string mandolin - guess it would be like playing two of these at the same time.

Dr.Strangenote

I'm really excited to see what comes out of this. Been hanging tight ever since the initial confirmation from Sterling on an 8 string in development. Send one to Dubaldo Music, stamp it with my name. Pete, you got your ears on!?

Vadauco

He'll put it out, and my guess is the majority of 8 string fans won't like it because:

- it isn't the right scale
- it isn't designed for the tuning they use
- it doesn't have fanned frets
- the neck is the wrong size

etc. Should be interesting.

Probably that's why it's taking so long. He's probably experimenting with all those options, and the dude is very methodic.

Giving how different the Majesty came out, we can expect anything.

tbonesullivan

Probably that's why it's taking so long. He's probably experimenting with all those options, and the dude is very methodic.

Giving how different the Majesty came out, we can expect anything.
Oh definitely. I just used to be a big Carvin/Kiesel fan, and remember that every new 8 string they put out made some happy, and some unhappy. Having that wide of a range for a guitar with all strings at the same scale is always problematic.

So, we'll see if what Petrucci's ideal 8 string is like conforms to what other people think it should be.

Vadauco

One concern that many people probably don't think about is John Myung, with all that low end coming from the guitar.

Last year I went to a DT concert, and the bass was barely audible when JP used a 6-string in E standard, let alone with 7 strings. Now imagine with an 8-string, with the bass playing notes in unison...

Nhoj

130469654_10159155148046340_2280200677593289181_n.png

Top Bottom