• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Axis Sport

I picked up this today, 99 Axis with factory cream pickguard. Been a little while since I had an Axis, nice guitar and plays and sound great as they all do. Has a FU-TONE FU2 Tremolo with big block, but the original bridge came with the guitar. Super happy with this one. Has some rash on the back, but the front is in good shape and super nice birds-eye neck and original case. The guy gave me a good deal on it, which is always a plus.

Last edited:

Fusionman

I think a shell guard would look better. I have one that came uninstalled with my axis sport hh. Ive thought about mounting it but dont want to use the screws on a really nice and grainy trans gold ash body.

Axis Sport

I think a shell guard would look better. I have one that came uninstalled with my axis sport hh. Ive thought about mounting it but dont want to use the screws on a really nice and grainy trans gold ash body.

I have put on pickguards before with a few small pieces of carpet tape. If your guard has the screw holes already you can cut the screw off the head and use clear caulk to mount them to the guard. Here are a few shots of guitars with the taped guard.

wesman11483

Here are a few shots of guitars with the taped guard.

Those look amazing. The black on black is really clean...I like it!
I wish my Blue ASS had a maple board...but definitely not enough to make me not buy it. I am thinking of adding either a cream or black guard.
Axis.jpg

Fusionman

I have put on pickguards before with a few small pieces of carpet tape. If your guard has the screw holes already you can cut the screw off the head and use clear caulk to mount them to the guard. Here are a few shots of guitars with the taped guard.

Any finish problems removing the pick guard with the double sided tape? Ive always liked the pickguard shape. Your axis’s look great with the guards. I think mine would too.

Axis Sport

Any finish problems removing the pick guard with the double sided tape? Ive always liked the pickguard shape. Your axis’s look great with the guards. I think mine would too.

Never had an issue. It only takes a few very small pieces to hold it on. Carpet tape is what I use, very strong and thin and does a great job. My first Axis was a sport with a guard and have been hooked on that look ever since then.

Top Bottom