• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Chanman586

I own a Musicman Stingray 34 and am looking to shape out the high/treble end of things some more. Being that it has active pickups, it has a really hot tone yet whenever I go from the low end to high it really loses it's intensity and sound much more than any other basses I have owned. Does anyone have any recommendations as to tips to help shape the sound or get that soundwave to match more to the low end. It will literally be about half the physical size of the low end if looking on ProTools. Strings, pickup switch, tone knobs, string height? Any help would be much appreciated!

Samoht

I play fingerstyle and I move my plucking hand closer to the neck progressively as I go from E to A strings and higher. Over time I just started doing it without thinking. It really does make a huge difference and gives the thinner strings much more body and roundness. Not sure if this helps, but that’s my solution.

Golem

I play fingerstyle and I move my plucking hand closer to the neck progressively as I go from E to A strings and higher. Over time I just started doing it without thinking. It really does make a huge difference and gives the thinner strings much more body and roundness. Not sure if this helps, but that’s my solution.

Same here but I also tilt the PU much closer to the strings on the treble side

Top Bottom