• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jlf599

So I've seen a handful of pics of hardtail EVH models but I've only seen one for sale ever:

Music Man Eddie Van Halen STD TG - Translucent Gold hardtail | Reverb

Given the fakes of all sorts of things being posted on Ebay from Japan lately, this concerns me a little...but moreso, I have no idea if this is a good price for an EVH hardtail since you just don't see them often.

I got my 2007 LE Blue Dawn hardtail for $1200 and my red 1997 Axis (not SS) hardtail for $1900. I know the EVH model commands a premium, but that seems to be QUITE a premium.

Any advice?

J

GWDavis28

They pop up every now and then. There are a few that have EVH hardtails here. With this death the prices will be high for quite a while.

Glenn |B)

jlf599

Fair enough. Typically, though, would you expect $3k to be a reasonable going price for one?

(I'm not sure it's worth that to ME...but...)

GWDavis28

Fair enough. Typically, though, would you expect $3k to be a reasonable going price for one?

(I'm not sure it's worth that to ME...but...)

I've seen them higher for sure, and in their hay day they were fetching outrageous prices. I like em and his purple finish is one of the things that drew me to EBMM like so many others. Now the Axis is the replacement with some refinements and you can get those for a pretty good deal here and there. But for some the signature means everything.

Glenn |B)

threeminutesboy

So I've seen a handful of pics of hardtail EVH models but I've only seen one for sale ever:

Music Man Eddie Van Halen STD TG - Translucent Gold hardtail | Reverb

Given the fakes of all sorts of things being posted on Ebay from Japan lately, this concerns me a little...but moreso, I have no idea if this is a good price for an EVH hardtail since you just don't see them often.

I got my 2007 LE Blue Dawn hardtail for $1200 and my red 1997 Axis (not SS) hardtail for $1900. I know the EVH model commands a premium, but that seems to be QUITE a premium.

Any advice?

J

Looks like the real deal at least serial number match.

As for price and especially in Japan they are on the high side.

You can decide if you really want this guitar and pay the price. Don’t think you will loose any money in case you change your mind as I have seen prices only going up. Few year ago you could get an EVH for less than 2000 USD. Today the price is more 3500 to 4000 USD on average and I have seen more expensive than this.

EVH hardtail is a very fine instrument for sure.

Top Bottom