• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jlf599

Greetings,

I know from searching around that there's no EBMM custom shop...but would they finish a guitar in a finish they offer on another model? E.g. Could you get an Axis finished in Firemist Purple? It's not truly a custom guitar, just using an existing paint on a different model.

I suspect the answer is no, but I was curious.

J

BrickGlass

Good question. I sure hope so, but I fear the answer is no too. That would be a really cool thing for the company to offer. In fact I would buy a Cutlass fairly soon if I could get it in a color that I like more.

jlf599

It's a shame. I understand that it's a PITA...but if they're already using it on other guitars active in the line...

What kills me are things like the Sweetwater Pacific Blue Sparkle run...with no Axis. C'mon...

johnnyboogie

It's a shame. I understand that it's a PITA...but if they're already using it on other guitars active in the line...

What kills me are things like the Sweetwater Pacific Blue Sparkle run...with no Axis. C'mon...

It is what it is I guess. Maybe one day...

What is PITA by the way..?

jlf599

You might rate a custom made if you get picked up as an artist/endorsee....

PITA is a type of bread.... ;)

Then I'll never rate a custom made. :(

JohnnieBoogie - PITA = Pain in the A** (or Axis, I suppose) :)

jlf599

I know builders like Bill Crook that do their own work and finish in sparkle finishes and such but anyone have a luthier they like and have experience with that does sparkle finishes well? From what I've seen, there's a big difference in someone that can do a sparkle finish and someone that can do a good one. :)

I guess I could always get in line with Dan Lawrence (having a Destroyer style guitar built there now with custom paint that should be ready in about 6 months)...but didn't know if anyone had better options.

Same topic but different idea -- is there any way to stay looped in on custom finishes going to dealers? I stumbled on a post here for DuBaldo music and found their upcoming Diablo Blue run...but there doesn't seem to be a good way to stay up on them all. I suspect there's not. I was hoping EBMM newsletter would have that sort of thing...but doesn't seem to be.

GWDavis28

I know builders like Bill Crook that do their own work and finish in sparkle finishes and such but anyone have a luthier they like and have experience with that does sparkle finishes well? From what I've seen, there's a big difference in someone that can do a sparkle finish and someone that can do a good one. :)

I guess I could always get in line with Dan Lawrence (having a Destroyer style guitar built there now with custom paint that should be ready in about 6 months)...but didn't know if anyone had better options.

Same topic but different idea -- is there any way to stay looped in on custom finishes going to dealers? I stumbled on a post here for DuBaldo music and found their upcoming Diablo Blue run...but there doesn't seem to be a good way to stay up on them all. I suspect there's not. I was hoping EBMM newsletter would have that sort of thing...but doesn't seem to be.

The Dubaldo was run was a special run, but like Xjbebop said, contact Pete Dubaldo, you never know what they have let.

DuBaldoMusic | Shop Musical Instruments and Equipment

Glenn |B)

tbonesullivan

If their order system isn't really set up for that kind of thing, it isn't exactly easy to do. Manufacturing is like a dance, and if someone interrupts things go all screwy. That's what happens when there is a single instrument one off.

If you were going to order a bunch with a specific color request, like Sweetwater, that would be something different entirely.

jlf599

If their order system isn't really set up for that kind of thing, it isn't exactly easy to do. Manufacturing is like a dance, and if someone interrupts things go all screwy. That's what happens when there is a single instrument one off.

If you were going to order a bunch with a specific color request, like Sweetwater, that would be something different entirely.

Oh, how I wish I could. :)

I know it's got to be complicated and I'm not upset with EBMM or anything. I was just mostly curious if it was possible at all.

bmorepunk

Buy a used one and get it refinished they way you want it!!

Glenn |B)

I did that with a StingRay, but I can't keep the headstock decals if the headstock is done.

If more of these special runs like the Sweetwater ones pop up with matching headstocks I'm in deep trouble not buying them.

GWDavis28

I did that with a StingRay, but I can't keep the headstock decals if the headstock is done.

If more of these special runs like the Sweetwater ones pop up with matching headstocks I'm in deep trouble not buying them.

I'm a non matching head stock guy myself, so for me, the decals would be ok, if it were an unfinished head stock.

Hahahahahahahaha, I'm sure they will, maybe not this year, but chances are there will be next year.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom