• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jesus1393

Hello everyone! Finally got my Music Man Majesty Monarchy 7 and faced with problem with string tension. After adjusting tremolo, truss rod, I started adjusting strings saddles for lower action and then tremolo again after that. And understood that there is less tension that was before saddles adjustment. I don't understand why is there less tension? I thought that If I readjust tremolo and retune strings then tension will back in normal.

P.S.
This is my first guitar with tremolo so I'm really noob at this. And sorry for my English :)

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Unless you tuned the strings lower, or changed to a different gauge or brand of strings, there can be no change in tension. If you are using the same strings, and are tuned to the same pitch as before, the tension IS the same. The tension and the pitch are tied together. That's just physics and Mother Nature will not allow it any other way. How you *perceive it*, is another question. Having set up the guitar to your liking, it feels a little different under your fingers. But unless there is something you have not told me, the string tension is unchanged.

Jesus1393

Hi DrKev!

Thank you for the answer! Seems like strings feel a little different under my fingers, you right. And sorry for stupid question, I just thought maybe there is a catch about tremolo and saddles.

Top Bottom