• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JJBC

Hi everyone

I have an EBMM Majesty 2020 which I have had since September. The springs make a noise when using the whammy bar that is pretty much described in this video:

Last edited:

loocnmad

I had luck with some soft foam, the kind you typically find in battery compartments. Don't remember where I got it but I cut strips that were slightly larger than the diameter of the spring and pulled them through with a coat hanger. The foam is a little compressed and keeps the springs dead quiet.

Etudica

Many solutions for this. It's trial and error really. Foam, rubber tubing, even heat shrink tubing around the outside of the springs. I've tried all methods and have never had any issues with tuning or springs being impeded.

One thing I also do is apply a small dab of nut sauce lubricant where the spring ends go into the blocks. I had one guitar in particular where that connection point caused a strange pinging. I do this on all of my guitars now during setups.

JJBC

Many solutions for this. It's trial and error really. Foam, rubber tubing, even heat shrink tubing around the outside of the springs. I've tried all methods and have never had any issues with tuning or springs being impeded.

One thing I also do is apply a small dab of nut sauce lubricant where the spring ends go into the blocks. I had one guitar in particular where that connection point caused a strange pinging. I do this on all of my guitars now during setups.

Hi!

Thank you for replying, I took the guitar to the guitar shop and it is better now. Apparently, they just needed to grind the nut a bit. Unfortunately a new issue has appeared, certain notes on different strings seem to resonate in the bridge, I just uploaded a video:
Do you have any idea what that could be?

Top Bottom