• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
Found a great used deal on a Sabre, should be delivered in a few days. I’m so psyched about this one. The Sabre had not been on my radar. I just placed a custom order for something else, but I couldn’t pass this up. Sabre owners, tell me what you love about it!

hemmelight

Super nice! Does yours have a birdseye or flamed neck?

I've noticed that some of the newer Sabres I've seen have birdseye instead of the heavily flamed maple, but I much prefer the flamed ones. I'd be sad if MM got through all of their flamed stock and are switching to birdseye for these. :(

wired

Received my Sabre a couple of days ago. After a new set of strings, it plays perfectly, no setup adjustments needed. I checked the serial # and it was just built on March. Only strange thing is the previous owner swapped out the strap pins for some crappy ones. I ordered some EBMM replacements & then it will be pretty much perfect.

Last edited:

wired

After a few days with the Sabre, I have to say I'm liking it even more than I thought I would. Neck is super-comfortable. Actually feels right in between my JP15 & Axis necks. Both pickups are outstanding, I'm especially impressed with the neck pickup. They both have great clarity, they're bright without sounding thin & they feel like medium output, which I love. If I had one wish, it would be for a regular trem bar on the modern tremolo. I'm not a fan of the thin, vintage bar with the tip. Small gripe though, love the guitar. May end up getting another one down the line.

wired

Man, I am loving this guitar more each day. I’ve owned (and still own) several EBMM guitars, so I shouldn’t be surprised, but the Sabre just has so much mojo. Fighting the urge to order another one in the deep blue finish.

jlf599

After a few days with the Sabre, I have to say I'm liking it even more than I thought I would. Neck is super-comfortable. Actually feels right in between my JP15 & Axis necks. Both pickups are outstanding, I'm especially impressed with the neck pickup. They both have great clarity, they're bright without sounding thin & they feel like medium output, which I love. If I had one wish, it would be for a regular trem bar on the modern tremolo. I'm not a fan of the thin, vintage bar with the tip. Small gripe though, love the guitar. May end up getting another one down the line.

What would you compare the pickups to? I'm really curious about the Sabre. The neck and the pickups are really what I'm curious about.

Thanks!
J

wired

What would you compare the pickups to? I'm really curious about the Sabre. The neck and the pickups are really what I'm curious about.

Thanks!
J

The pickups feel like med output, they’re bright but not thin, a lot of clarity. The neck pickup is really clear, even with a good amount of gain. The neck profile reminds me of my JP15 neck, but with the rounder fretboard radius (10” vs 17’ on the JP), it feels more comfortable to me.

Phrankenstrat

That is a beautiful guitar. I'm curious about the Sabre but totally sold on the 1 5/8 nut on my LIII's and Cutlass. Even my Suhr, which I still love, takes a few minutes of noodling around to get used to the wider nut. Great score on your part.

Top Bottom