• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

VxR

Hello,

While watching a review for a SBMM S.U.B. Ray4 HH I've stumbled upon this comment:

"This is a great bass but it is never in double humbucker mode. It gives you the rear humbucker in full and the front pickups inside coil. The actual HH music man gives you both in full."

So now I'm wondering if that's really true? Because if it is I'll just buy a single H version instead and save myself some money, since the whole reason I'm interested in HH is double humbucker mode.

VxR

Thought so, it just doesn't make sense to have two buckers without the ability to use them at the same time, but still wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help.

danny-79

Thought so, it just doesn't make sense to have two buckers without the ability to use them at the same time, but still wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help.

Really just a guess but I would be very shocked if middle position on the five way switch didn’t give you front and back, both coils

five7

Can you try one out before you buy. Take a screw driver or a set of keys and tap on the magnets at each switch position.

Top Bottom