• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
ALOS365.jpg

So I haven't seen peanuts in a while. Not only was the box full of them but they were inside the case.

I'm not complaining. Okay, a little bit. But now I don't care.

ALOS367.jpg

In perfect shape. Gotta change the strings, though.

Jack

GWDavis28

OMG NOT PACKIN PEANUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha, Jon would have skinned the person alive.

SWEET!!!!!!!! Congrats Jack that is awesome, great color!!!!!

Glenn |B)

bovinehost

Administrator
It's been my dream guitar for a long time. Especially when the Orange Crush appeared. I'm going to have to sell some stuff, but I don't care.

I've been playing it for a couple of hours and it is AWESOME. Previous owner must have been a shredder; the strings are so tiny that I can't see them. Gonna have to get some bigger strangs on there!

It's BEAUTIFUL.

GWDavis28

So I haven't seen peanuts in a while. Not only was the box full of them but they were inside the case.

I'm not complaining. Okay, a little bit. But now I don't care.

In perfect shape. Gotta change the strings, though.

Jack

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yah know Jack I might have gotten one of these if they didn't have matching head stocks, my hang up. Love orange and well sparkle, holy cow!!!

Glenn |B)

bovinehost

Administrator
It just arrived yesterday so we're still in the honeymoon phase. Honestly, after doing almost nothing but playing this guitar, I think the honeymoon phase is going to last a good, long time.

The peanuts are but a distant memory.

I'm no guitarist. I know just enough to keep me in business in the studio when I'm fleshing out some bizarre new idea. For instance, today I'm recording a country-ish (think really FAST country) version of Rush's "Tom Sawyer". Just humor me until I move on to something else.

My partner in musical crime, Tee Fitch, came by last night and he really is a guitar player. He is a stuck in the 1950s kinda guy and is always playing Fenders. Lord, how I have tried. But he prefers (a) a guitar that fights back and (b) a certain look. So he favors his Telecaster. He took one look at the AL and there was a string of curse words, all designed to express his joy at such a thing. We weren't even going to play guitars last night and he was supposed to be in and out in an hour. He plugged that guitar into a Blues Junior and all those plans went directly into the garbage can. He really needs an Albert Lee. When my blue HH with rosewood neck arrives, I suspect he is lost. I sure hope so. Anyway, we have a little live thing on Friday and he said, "If you bring that, I wouldn't complain." Hah.

I did five or six tracks with it today. Man. You know how you want something for years and then it kind of isn't as all-out fabulous as you imagined it? Yeah, this isn't that.

It is what I wanted and it is what I wanted, if you see what I mean.

I suspect I'll be selling off a few things in the near future. The Stingray guitar is an awesome instrument but I won't play it now. It has been overcome by events. And my old MIM Strat is no longer relevant.

Am I happy? Yeah, a little bit. Were only 70 of these made? I heard that somewhere.

GWDavis28

It just arrived yesterday so we're still in the honeymoon phase. Honestly, after doing almost nothing but playing this guitar, I think the honeymoon phase is going to last a good, long time.

The peanuts are but a distant memory.

I'm no guitarist. I know just enough to keep me in business in the studio when I'm fleshing out some bizarre new idea. For instance, today I'm recording a country-ish (think really FAST country) version of Rush's "Tom Sawyer". Just humor me until I move on to something else.

My partner in musical crime, Tee Fitch, came by last night and he really is a guitar player. He is a stuck in the 1950s kinda guy and is always playing Fenders. Lord, how I have tried. But he prefers (a) a guitar that fights back and (b) a certain look. So he favors his Telecaster. He took one look at the AL and there was a string of curse words, all designed to express his joy at such a thing. We weren't even going to play guitars last night and he was supposed to be in and out in an hour. He plugged that guitar into a Blues Junior and all those plans went directly into the garbage can. He really needs an Albert Lee. When my blue HH with rosewood neck arrives, I suspect he is lost. I sure hope so. Anyway, we have a little live thing on Friday and he said, "If you bring that, I wouldn't complain." Hah.

I did five or six tracks with it today. Man. You know how you want something for years and then it kind of isn't as all-out fabulous as you imagined it? Yeah, this isn't that.

It is what I wanted and it is what I wanted, if you see what I mean.

I suspect I'll be selling off a few things in the near future. The Stingray guitar is an awesome instrument but I won't play it now. It has been overcome by events. And my old MIM Strat is no longer relevant.

Am I happy? Yeah, a little bit. Were only 70 of these made? I heard that somewhere.

Hahahahahaha, thanx excellent Jack, sounds like you might have done a little conversion on your guitar player. Really glad you enjoying, the AL is the hidden gem of the EBMM line in my opinion.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom