• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
It's NGD again, this time with the Turquoise/Full Rosewood Big Al HH. The strings were...not good, but that's okay, I have a box full of strings.

I break out the Paradigms, 10-52, and start with the low E string. Out with the old! In with the new!

Wait, the 52 doesn't want to go through the locking tuner post. Ah, it's user error. I can do this. It's just a string change. Work, work, work - nope. I resort to trying to push it through with needle-nose pliers. Nope. Good thing the hammer is in the garage.

This is fine. I have some Slinkys, various kinds, and one set has a 48 versus that 52 in the Paradigm package. The 48 goes in just fine.

Did you guys know this and not tell me?

"Don't tell the bassist about the string post. Tell the others."

jones4tone

I’ve had instances where it took some coaxing for the pin inside the tuner post to release and fully get out of the way. Required a couple of gentle raps on the tuner with the base of my hand, as I recall. That has been a rare thing in my experience, though.

tbonesullivan

Yeah, definitely sounds like the locking mechanism isn't retracted far enough. There should be no issues using strings of that gauge.

bovinehost

Administrator
I guess I'll have to see where I can get one Schaller. Probably from Schaller, eh. And I'm not even a scientist.

beej

Hey Jack- try and see if you can get the string through one of the other tuners. If so, just swap them.

fbecir

Hello

I use 10-52 on my AL HH ... thus it should work for you.
Sometimes, a little drop of WD40 can do a miracle. As TBoneSullivan said, it is certainly the locking mechanism that does not want to move (perhaps it is waiting for a vote recount ???????)

Top Bottom