• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

djemass

Hi everyone,

Just to know, who would like to get a 24 fret version of the LIII ? Should be awesome.

I did a small photoshop to get an idea of how cool it would be :)

LUKE 24 CROQUIS final2.jpg

dave1812

Just get a JP6 or a Silhouette.
I don't think Luke ever played a 24 Fret Guitar, and the HSS's Neck Single Coil wouldn't be in the sweetspot anymore i think.
While i really dig the Luke 3 compared to the Luke 2 with EMG's the lack of 24 Frets on it, where always an argument for me not to get it lol
gotta give yourself some reason to slow down the GAS

kingdoublecut

24 on a LUKE? Ummm...no. I barely like 24 on my Silo. As soon as I can find a Silo Special with a solid RW neck, my 24 fret version is gone...but it must have the Virtual PAFs, which I assume all of them did. 22 and HH/HSH for me. But you should like what you like and search relentlessly for it! (Yes, I know the Special doesn't come HSH...I am a modding whore).

Craiguitar

Nah. Back in the day when I used to lust after those old Valley Arts Lukather models, they did a 24 fret version, and I disliked the way the longer fretboard pushed the neck pickup towards the middle pickup, which aside from the obvious visual anomaly, would undoubtedly affect the sound of it as well. Needless to say, it was rare to see a photo of Luke actually playing the 24 fret version that often.

djemass

Hi, I have my beloved JP6 since 2001. But Luke's V shape neck in 24 frets should be really really nice. JP6 and Luke are 2 differents beasts to play.

dave1812

Nah. Back in the day when I used to lust after those old Valley Arts Lukather models, they did a 24 fret version, and I disliked the way the longer fretboard pushed the neck pickup towards the middle pickup, which aside from the obvious visual anomaly, would undoubtedly affect the sound of it as well. Needless to say, it was rare to see a photo of Luke actually playing the 24 fret version that often.

i didn't know they even made a 24 Fret Version. Guess it's as rare as seeing him with his Ibanez Signature :D

John C

i didn't know they even made a 24 Fret Version. Guess it's as rare as seeing him with his Ibanez Signature :D

If I'm remembering correctly the Valley Arts 24-fret models were also 24 3/4" scale length and downsized (7/8 sized? maybe smaller?) bodies so everything was kind of shrunken on them compared to the 22-fret, 25 1/2" scale length/full sized body versions. That's not just the Lukather model, that was all Valley Arts models.

tbonesullivan

Hi, I have my beloved JP6 since 2001. But Luke's V shape neck in 24 frets should be really really nice. JP6 and Luke are 2 differents beasts to play.

Yeah, but if you put 24 Frets on a Luke, it's not a Luke anymore. I guess missing those 2 frets is really cramping your style?

Craiguitar

They did do them (see the below link someone posted on Youtube), but l did much prefer the standard version. Anyway, it's all relative now. By the time I'd saved up enough to buy one, they had the big fire, and sold the company to Samick and it all went sour. A short time later the EBMM Luke 1 came out and I bought one of those, and it is probably a much better guitar anyway.

BrickGlass

I prefer 24 frets so I'd be down, just don't think it would work well on the HSS model. On an HH model, hell yeah. Never understood why anyone would prefer less frets, at least on an HH guitar. I use those notes up there so I guess some people just don't use them?

Top Bottom