• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

allenk732

So I'm looking to trade my Caparison Dellinger-JSM for a Majesty this weekend and the one deal I'm working out involves a 2014 majesty which appears to be one of the first years they were in production.

Were there any "kinks" or issues with the early 2014 majesties that I should be worried about or should I go ahead with the deal?

Thanks

Lax

Well, only total electronics change due to unresolvable issues with piezo etc...

thejone

I have several majesties including an early 2014 version. There were no issues with them at all. They all still work fine. Actually, I kind of like the first version almost the most. I feel that any majesty with the new preamp or the older ones that worked for more than 4 years should be fine for a long time.

Regards, J

Lax

Reading this forum, facebook groups etc I saw several people needing to change the guitar's "motherboard" because of tech issues, there are two circuits, I'm not sure when the new released, monarchy line ?

johnnyboogie

Officially, there are no issues reported. I don't know to what Lax is referring to. All 2014 Majesty models that have gone through me were pristine.

Lax

I don't say there is a mass of faulty guitars or bad runs, just that being an active reader of this forum and some other music man related communities, there has been cases of full electronics swap after issues involving battery/piezo/volumes or something else :)
Most music man guitars are flawless happily !

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
That is literally the first I've heard of it and as a moderator I've been on this darn forum virtually every single day for the last eight years. I am not aware of any such discussion about problems related to 2014 majesties.

Please remember that every single guitar manufacturer has a small warranty return rate (usually in the region of 1% to 2%). The Majesty was so hated by so many people when it first came out that people piled on and made a big deal out of anything. People are weird like that.

I think I'm gonna close this thread. I don't see that continuing the discussion is useful but it will stay publicly visible in case anyone else is wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom