• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
What a great surprise at the end of such a difficult year. The Sabre has quickly become my favorite guitar model & I have replaced 4 guitars that I just wasn't playing that much. I can't believe I had so little interest in these when they were announced, now I've played almost nothing but Sabres since I bought my first one in Oct. Bougie Burst was also the finish I was least interested in (very similar to the bengal burst finish on my Suhr modern), but I think #4 might be the most stunning in person. These guitars are bad ass!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & best wishes for a happy & healthy 2021

JasonT

Damn! Somebody fell hard for this model. I know the feeling, except it’s the LIII for me.

So what’s your favorite of the four and why?

dibart77

Man, your Sabre collection is awesome. I am waiting for quilt top Sabres and then I will go to town. 2021 maybe?

edhalen

There ya go!!! Now your journey is complete! Make sure to play the heck out of them! Congrats!

loocnmad

Oh, come on! Now you're just showing off :)

Congrats, though, that neck is killer! I'm in the process of unloading unused gear and can't decide to go with a Silo now or hold strong for a few months to get a Sabre.

threeminutesboy

I really don’t need another guitar but the moonstone Sabre is first on the list if I pull the trigger.

Congrats on your 4th it’s a beauty.

Btw, are the Sabre heavy guitars ?

Sweat

Wow fourth times the charm, sweet, I would still like to try one nice glad you found something that floats your boat

wired

Btw, are the Sabre heavy guitars ?

Funny you should ask. I’ve never weighed my guitars, but when I received my 3rd Sabre (cobra burst) it felt noticeably heavier than the other two, so it prompted me to pull out my digital shipping scale and weigh all of them. My cobra burst is the heaviest guitar I own at 8 lbs 6 oz (just heavier than my PRS McCarty 594 SC at 8 lbs 5 oz). My lightest guitar is my Honeysuckle Sabre at 7 lbs even. The other 2 Sabres are in the mid 7 lb range.

wired

There ya go!!! Now your journey is complete! Make sure to play the heck out of them! Congrats!

I think you made the prediction when I posted about #3. This was the only one that was a net add to my collection. The other 3 were replacements for guitars I sold. They will get played, a lot. Any guitar that doesn’t get a lot of use ends up going. These will get tons of use.

threeminutesboy

Funny you should ask. I’ve never weighed my guitars, but when I received my 3rd Sabre (cobra burst) it felt noticeably heavier than the other two, so it prompted me to pull out my digital shipping scale and weigh all of them. My cobra burst is the heaviest guitar I own at 8 lbs 6 oz (just heavier than my PRS McCarty 594 SC at 8 lbs 5 oz). My lightest guitar is my Honeysuckle Sabre at 7 lbs even. The other 2 Sabres are in the mid 7 lb range.
Thanks for checking !

Top Bottom