• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Morseish

I recently noticed on the EBMM website that it lists both the original Morse and the Y2D as “discontinued” (technically the colors, but they only list one color for each). Are those guitars going away? A new Morse coming out?

Also, I have the original Morse model. I have the trapeze bridge (non-whammy bar version). The strings seem to run longer from the tune-o-matic bridge to where you insert the strings than most other guitars. Is there a reason for that?

Also, the two switches (one for bridge pickup and the other for the single coil) - why the hell isn’t the “off” position for both of those the same? Having off being reversed on the two always muddles my brain a bit.

GWDavis28

So NAMM 2021 Virtual is next week, so we'll know more next week I would assume.

Glenn |B)

fbecir

Also, the two switches (one for bridge pickup and the other for the single coil) - why the hell isn’t the “off” position for both of those the same? Having off being reversed on the two always muddles my brain a bit.

For this, you have to ask Steve Morse ...
It is an easy mod to change the orientation of the switch for the bridge humbucker.
Quite a lot of guys on this forum have done it (not me, I am an orthodox Morse believer. The other guys are just a bunch of heretics).

beej

It's an interesting guitar for sure! The position of the switches is odd. I've always looked at it as a great platform to mod- lots of ways to use the switches and make it your own.

On the colours- it's not just the Morse. Many of the guitars on the MM site are listed as discontinued. We'll see what happens at Virtual NAMM.

With the bridge- I don't know if there's a reason for the position of the tailpiece, other than cosmetic. I don't think moving it forward or backward would really have an impact.

tbonesullivan

Remember please that COVID is still wreaking havoc, especially in California. They may temporarily stop producing some models for the coming year. Wait and see.

mikeller

Its not just the Morse. Flip thru most of the models and it says color discontinued on them. I suspect they are in the process of updating website

GWDavis28

I saw a post from Sterling by Music Man that this Thursday they'll be releasing info about the 2021 line. Maybe EBMM will be doing the same, you never know.

Glenn |B)

Y2D

I read a recent interview with Steve Morse lately where he mentioned a new prototype he has tested. Let’s see how NAMM turns out...

Top Bottom