• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerxst7770

Brand new JP Majesty. 1st bridge pickup did not work. Had guitar replaced. Replacement now seems to have a faulty Battery compartment as Piezo pickup will not work. Is there a quality issue with the new Majesty? I expected better from Ernie Ball

johnnyboogie

The more intricate the electronics, the more the possibilities for issues to arise.

Personally, I'd prefer the Majesty to be equipped with the electronics of the JP6-till-JP12 era.

dave1812

I'm not gonna hate on EBMM, i think they're still one of the best Guitar Companies out there.
The idea behind the Majesty switching system is really cool, but it's also too complex for my taste and causes too many issues. Especially if you're not John Petrucci, who has 10 Backup Guitars and a Guitar Tech and EBMM behind him to fix everything right away.
I've seen a lot of Posts lately, not just here, that the majesty can cause a lot of trouble with it's electronics.
That's my main reason for not getting one, i tried a few Majesty Guitars since it came out, and they play and sound fantastic. But i don't wanna have to start modding a 4k Guitar to make it work reliably.
Wonder if EBMM could make it an option to have the regular JP switching with only the piezo being active, built into the majesty. Or at least offer a Conversion Kit

dave1812

and yes, i know ebmm will only build what the artist wants unless you're an endorser.
but at this point it could be smart to care about the people who actually have to pay, to get one of those instruments

beej

Ok, let's stop with "all Majesties have problems" bit.

It's a hugely popular seller, which means there are a lot of them out there. You're not hearing from the majority of owners that have no problems, you're hearing from a few individuals that do, and that always makes things seem skewed.

Yes, it's a more "complicated" guitar, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. (Keep in mind, it's far less complicated than many of the items you use in your daily life, not to mention any of the devices in your signal chain ...)

Music Man has an amazing customer support team. When there are issues with an instrument, they're there to solve them and make things right. If you have a problem related to a specific guitar, reach out to them and let them help.

EVHFAN99

Ok, let's stop with "all Majesties have problems" bit.
Many of them do though. Probably more so than any other EBMM guitar I would presume and that’s saying something.

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

Many of them do though. Probably more so than any other EBMM guitar I would presume and that’s saying something.

They also are one of the more popular models, which means more chances to have an issue. Also, you can't seriously make that kind of blanket statement based on what you read on forums.

beej

Guys, we're done with this. Posting opinions like this without facts or context isn't helpful.

If you have a question and need help, start a new thread. And if you have a specific problem, please let MM take care of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom