• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Lee274

So how do you guys store your go to guitars? I've always been a fan of the plain and simple stand and have always be wary of wall hangers. I've read some opinions before that some people think that hanging guitars can damage them - although I've not seen any evidence of that.

Thinking of hanging my new EBMM as she has spent much of her life in a case!

Fro

All mine are hanging. I used to use a multi-stand that worked just as well.
Stands take up floor space, hangers take up wall space.

Y2D

In the case with D’Addario Humidipaks... Seems like the set up lasts a lot longer this way (especially at this time of the year when I have to heat my place).

jlf599

Hang. I've seen all of the things about hangers damaging guitars and have yet to actually see it. Shrug.

All the hangers are either in studs or in 50lb rated drywall anchors. I put them up in 2008 or 2009 after we moved in and none have ever gotten loose at all.

2020-11-25 - Guitar Wall smaller.jpg

Flash Gordon

I keep mine hanging in a humidified trophy case. 70° @ 45%RH (use a Cigar Oasis Magna humidification system)

My hangers are drilled into 1” thick reclaimed oak, which as been secured to wall studs. Not going anywhere!

I don’t like multi stands because it is super easy to bonk one guitar off the other. Ask me how I know...:D

jones4tone

I’ve used both at times with good results. But I’ll only place a hook where there is a stud behind it to hold it fast. Never had an issue with a String Swing hook mounted that way.

Razzle

Definately hang 'em. Never had any issues.

mAzyMqf.jpg

msquared

I have lost multiple guitars due to them being on stands.

I have hung my guitars on the wall for years and have never had an issue because of it.

I really love having a couple guitars hanging in the bedroom, in the kitchen, in the living room - they get played way more often that way and they look great.

vuduhwy

Hang. I've seen all of the things about hangers damaging guitars and have yet to actually see it. Shrug.

All the hangers are either in studs or in 50lb rated drywall anchors. I put them up in 2008 or 2009 after we moved in and none have ever gotten loose at all.

View attachment 37607

+1 on this. I have all of my hangers mounted into studs.

vuduhwy

I spent many years working in a guitar store. We had many guitars on stands and hangers. Make of this what you will, but I had to adjust necks on the guitars in stands far more often which tends to imply that stands are more stressful for a guitar neck. BTW, I'm talking about the type of stand that the neck rests into a cradle with the weight of the guitar resting back on it, not the hanging type of stand.

Top Bottom