• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Zen

Anderton’s in the UK have released the pricing on the new stingray specials and ouch :eek:

Snowy Night is £2999 which comes in around $4006
Black is £2749 which is around $3672

I hope we’re not getting worked over due to brexit

I have a spare kidney, one careful owner, some slight use damage but in good working order ;-)

Zen

I had to send a pair of shoes back a few weeks ago and there was a delay and lots of extra hoops to jump through due to brexit so it could be that. If the cost of all instruments goes up from all the manufacturers that will point to that being the cause. If it’s just EB then there must be something else as to why UK customers are taking a hit. I hope it’s just a bit of uncertainty and the price is just a place holder on the website. Would really hope it’s not UK customers being taken advantage of.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Folks PLEASE be careful comparing US dollar prices and prices in other countries. It's really not useful or helpful.

In the US, EBMM supplies directly to the stores with no middle man, and the prices you see are exclusive of sales tax.

In UK or Europe or elsewhere in the world, there are additional costs which pile up; international freight costs, import duty and customs costs, distributor costs and their markup (which includes the cost of longer legal warranties than exist in the US), then store markup, then ~20% VAT/sales tax is applied on top of all that.

And yes, Brexit will make things more expensive as there are now trade tariffs applied, until there is a free-trade deal between US and UK to replace the EU-US deal that the UK left.

Pineweasel

And yes, Brexit will make things more expensive as there are now trade tariffs applied, until there is a free-trade deal between US and UK to replace the EU-US deal that the UK left.

There's no EU-US trade deal. Guitar imports into the EU are subject to a tariff which is higher than the tariff now applied by the UK.

Last edited:

OllyW

There's no EU-US trade deal. Guitar imports into the EU are subject to a tariff which is higher than the tariff now applied by the UK.
It doesn't make much sense with import duty now slightly lower and the Pound at a higher rate against the Dollar than it has been for a few years. I hope Andertons have got the prices wrong and they get adjusted before the new basses start arriving in stock as I can't see there being much of a demand at the current advertised prices.

Top Bottom