• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Richie1

Hi all, new owner of a EBMM Silhouette Special HSS. Absolutely loving the guitar, and for the first month or so did not miss access to the middle pickup alone, but would love to be able to re-introduce it.

I've searched the web for alternative wiring schemes but could not find much. Ideally I'd love access to 2 new sounds. 1st Middle Pickup alone with Silent Circuit, and 2nd would be to get access to the south coil of a split humbucker with Silent Circuit as well. I haven't the slightest of clue how to wire this up. I'm thinking the Fender S1 could be used, or push pulls. Here's an example of what I'd love:

S1 = Off (Factory)
S1 = On Position 3 = middle only, 5 = bridge south only

or

VOL push/pull = pull would flip position 3 to middle from neck/bridge north
TONE push/pull = pull would split position 5 to south coil of bridge

I am wondering if someone would be able to point me in the right direction of how to modify the wiring with the Silent Circuit in tact?

beej

It's certainly doable, though it's less complicated if you use the north coil of the bridge (furthest away from the bridge) when split in position 1, if you want to use the Silent Circuit.

I don't think you'll find any wiring diagrams for this sort of thing, but the logic isn't too difficult. Start with the stock wiring diagram (email MM CS for the right version matching your guitar).

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
The S1 is a 4PDT, right? I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Do you have a schematic already? The silent circuit isn't difficult and it's already connected to the south pole of the humbucker in the stock wiring (though not actually used).

Richie1

Thanks guys, after a closer look it would appear some of the diagrams I've come across don't seem to jive. I'll reach out to MM to get the diagram and post back to share any questions I have before I jump in! I'm sure someone out there might be interested in doing the same thing to their HSS SS one day!

GWDavis28

Thanks guys, after a closer look it would appear some of the diagrams I've come across don't seem to jive. I'll reach out to MM to get the diagram and post back to share any questions I have before I jump in! I'm sure someone out there might be interested in doing the same thing to their HSS SS one day!

Richie, congrats man, nice to see another fellow Silo Special fan!!!! You got any pics?

Glenn |B)

Richie1

I have three schematics. Run your serial number through the database, PM me with your email address and tell me when it was made and I can send you the right one.

Thank you! It's a 2008. Pics to come!

Top Bottom