• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Lerxst7770

Brand new JP Majesty. 1st bridge pickup did not work. Had guitar replaced. Replacement now seems to have a faulty Battery compartment as Piezo pickup will not work. I submitted inquiry with customer service, have been asked for serial number and if I used a mono chord and regular amp. I replied, that was days ago. A $3500+ guitar should first be of better quality and second be backed by better customer service

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
This is NAMM week. Even though it's not physically taking place this is still the industry's busiest week of the year. COVID restricts the number of staff available too. A delay getting back to you is totally normal. On Monday morning, pick up the phone and call them.

And welcome to the forum!

jlf599

That and COVID and subsequent restrictions have hit them pretty hard. They're usually incredibly fast in my limited experience...but if there's a delay, they will get back to you.

EBMM has consistently been one of the best in terms of customer service that I've encountered.

J

tbonesullivan

Ahh, I remember your previous thread, which ended up locked.

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-b...-craftsmanship-quality-low-pickup-issues.html

It might help for you to give some kind of timeline regarding this. Like, was the replacement like this on arrival, or did it become this way later? Also, the Majesty is ENTIRELY active. I'm pretty sure that it won't work at all if the battery compartment is faulty. Even the switching is done electronically.

Have you contacted the original dealer you purchased it from?

Last edited:

Mace13

Could you describe the problem with a bit more detail? You are saying everything but the piezo works and this a battery compartment problem?? I’m pretty sure when the batteries is dead/disconnected there is no signal at all. Anyway, with some more details maybe someone here can help?

Top Bottom