• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tbonesullivan

OH DANG!!!! That is a great color!!! If only I didn't already have a Morse that I think looks awesome. And of course, a Pacific Blue Burst Sparkle run guitar as well.

GWDavis28

Wow great color selections!!!!! Thanx for sharing.

Beej, your right that is a sweet finish.

Glenn |B)

tbonesullivan

People are gonna love those. However I'm in love with my Morse and the subtle grain that it has.

morse2.jpg

Still.. dang that is an awesome finish. On the same level as the Pacific Blue Burst Sparkle.

I take it they are only selling Morse guitars through the vault this year?

Also I've always wondered this: Why do only the pickups on the Y2d have the Steve Morse logo on them?

Last edited:

Razzle

Yup, was surprised there's no floyd versions.

There were already blues. More blues now. I guess that's what Steve likes!!!

GWDavis28

This post needs some pics.
Standard Morse
hero-18.jpg

Y2D (Greed Keith this looks very nice)
hero-19.jpg

Glenn |B)

tbonesullivan

Yup, was surprised there's no floyd versions.

There were already blues. More blues now. I guess that's what Steve likes!!!

The original Steve Morse guitars were all the "Morse Blueburst" color, opaque I believe. Then they moved to the translucent "Morse Blueburst". Steve Morse definitely does love the blues. He also has a solid blue one with a really nice pickguard.

Honestly I have seen very few pictures or videos of him using a Morse with a Floyd. Maybe they just decided to stop offering it.

GoKart Mozart

Could be just simple lack of demand for the Floyd models. I remember a thread from early 2018 where there were some complaints about the Luke 2 being discontinued; BP had AJ run the numbers and only *5* had been ordered in the previous 12 months. The L3 had put it out of business.

John C

Could be just simple lack of demand for the Floyd models. I remember a thread from early 2018 where there were some complaints about the Luke 2 being discontinued; BP had AJ run the numbers and only *5* had been ordered in the previous 12 months. The L3 had put it out of business.

I imagine that is correct - if no one is ordering them with trems and Steve doesn't play them any more then there is no reason to keep the trem option available.

I do like both the new colors - particularly the blueburst on the Y2D.

I do find it interesting that these are only through the Vault - unless this is a COVID-restrictions-related move and they will be back in normal production either later this year or next year.

NorM

I read that offering on the website until I found that the floating Floyd was being offered.
Also that pic where he is onstage holding the guitar behind his back. It was on the front page of his website for years. That guitar is a Floyd where he is playing "Perfect Strangers". He is facing the guitars to the amps to force feedback.
That was my favorite guitar sound of the show. that song is really high for my favorite Deep Purple song too.

Top Bottom