• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

furor

Hi,

how versatile is the standard Silhouette configuration? I'm looking for a practice guitar that can handle country and jazz (and whatever in between :) ).
Would you recommend changing pickups or wiring? For the latter, I mean, e.g. in my Hamer Centaura I have installed a push-pull to split my bridge humbucker and have it on with the neck single coil. This might give it a more tele kind of vibe?

Thanks!

kingdoublecut

Silhouette HSH has 5-way switching and provides some very fine single coil tones. They also of course have the HSS configuration. Great guitars and the Virtual PAFs are amazing pups.

GWDavis28

Well, I don't own a Silhouette, but I'm sure an Albert Lee would do the trick. But the shape isn't for everyone.

Glenn |B)

mb99zz

I have a silo special and I think it’s pretty versatile. Roll the tone knob back and the neck PU sounds buttery smooth.

Maybe a Valentine would be a good guitar to try for you. You can tap the neck HB and the bridge PU should sound kind of tele like.

tbonesullivan

The Silo is EXTREMELY versatile. And those Virtual PAFs are similar to the 36th Anniversary PAFs, which are great pickups for just about everything. Not super output with a very nice tone.

Top Bottom