• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

St_G

So here's hoping for some new sleazy 70s finishes for the guitar that guitar forums love to hate.

98014741-F8A3-4CF5-AB90-131C5EA88DEE.jpg

tbonesullivan

The St Vincent

Ahh... is the hate more about the guitar, or about HER? I definitely think it's an interesting shape for a guitar, and the three mini setup seems quite nice. If they had offered the three mini in blue dawn, I would have bought one. But they only offered it on the 2 HB model.

Cenobyte

I almost bought one as well, but I play a ALHH as my main, which she also did before getting into the deeper MM fold... and it just kind of felt like, well it's her thing... I'll just stick with the ALHH... and now that I have the BFR silver sparkle Silo from last year I do feel like I have my own EBMM custom (#3 of 75) :). Anyway the St. Vincent is a very cool guitar regardless! Also, general guitar forums and many of the people who troll them are often overrated ;) lol

Last edited:

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Ya know, I feel like I missed the St Vincent boat. I've always been impressed by her creativity and artistry but I really don't know her work as well I think I should. I'm gonna fix that and dive into her work in the next few weeks!

St_G

I really like her more accessible stuff a lot. It wouldn't be far off to say I think each album has improved upon the previous. I might mayyyyybe prefer S/t over Masseduction, but it'd be close.

But my interest in her guitar is almost wholly separate from my interest in her music. In fact, the specific pickups/electronics she chose make PERFECT sense for how she uses guitar, but aren't as great for how I usually run things. They tend towards sounding a little flat and congested at low gain (I use a multiband compressor to add some sparkle to them). But I keep not replacing them, because they really ARE great for supersaturated sputtterung square wave fuzz - the string-to-string separation and lack of harsh frequencies is truly impressive.

Ya know, I feel like I missed the St Vincent boat. I've always been impressed by her creativity and artistry but I really don't know her work as well I think I should. I'm gonna fix that and dive into her work in the next few weeks!

Top Bottom