• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Slick64

My new first choice for the blues. I love these and wish EB would resurrect them.

The blue has a gorgeous aqua tint I can't get to show in pics no matter what light I use.
Maybe from aging.

Its in amazing condition, almost mint.

Now I can't wait for my blond one to come in. Since that no longer has the original pickups, I may go with a set of tele pickups, since I have one of those pick guards lying around.

Blue Sport HSS Full.jpg

Blue Sport HSS Body.jpg

GWDavis28

WOW!!!!!! Nice snag was that one on Reverb?

EBMM's best kept secret, maybe some day one will show up as a BFR??

Congrats, Glenn |B)

tbonesullivan

NICE!!! I've seen some of those in different configurations. How does the sound of the Ash body compare to the usual Maple topped basswood?

Slick64

Seems the Sports are getting a lot of love lately :)

I bought 2 recently, in the past week. The purple one on Reverb looks nice but priced for the Euro market, and has some pretty big dings on it too. She's a looker though.

Those in the tribute colors would be spectacular, although not sure how the maple top would compare to the basswood body. I haven't really had a good long chance to A/B them yet.

Slick64

WOW!!!!!! Nice snag was that one on Reverb?

EBMM's best kept secret, maybe some day one will show up as a BFR??

Congrats, Glenn |B)

I really only plugged it in for like 10 mins, and should be able to have a better description over the weekend hopefully. Right now that blue one, and my roasted neck on the Music Zoo fuschia are hands down the best of my 6 Axis, and the 98 Blonde Sport is still on it's way.

Slick64

Nice man!!!

As it should be. I miss having a sport, nice and simple really. I see one I'd like, but :( don't need.

Glenn |B)

Need? What does that have to do with it. ;)

I try to sell one for news coming in, but the EBMM's will be keepers. I was able to sell 2 EVH ones for 5 regular Axis ones......that was easy. I wouldn't pay $6500+ for them, but they sold in less than an hour.

The standard Axis to me is a better guitar with the belly cut and improvements anyways.

GWDavis28

Need? What does that have to do with it. ;)

I try to sell one for news coming in, but the EBMM's will be keepers. I was able to sell 2 EVH ones for 5 regular Axis ones......that was easy. I wouldn't pay $6500+ for them, but they sold in less than an hour.

The standard Axis to me is a better guitar with the belly cut and improvements anyways.

I do as well, however, I love everything I have, so I don't want to part with anything. And since I can barely play, I can't really justify 4 guitars let alone more.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom