• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

evannn

As the title says, I'd like to improve the tuning stability of my SBMM JP157, which at the moment will drift out of tune by 10-15 cents after a minute or two of playing. The problem is, I don't know if I've just set something up wrong or if there's something special that I need to do to improve the stability. I'd like to have my trem be 'supple' (couldn't think of a better word lol) but I can't figure out how to get both that and good tuning stability.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Astrofreq

Call customer service and order some of the locking tuners. Those things are incredibly stable.

Really dumb question, but do you stretch new strings when putting them on? A great deal of tuning issues come from people not giving strings some tugs up and down the neck. I'm sure you do that already. Just an idea.

evannn

yah I stretch my strings when I put them on. Do you think they would send replacement sterling tuners or schaller tuners? I mean I could buy some of the schallers, but I'd rather not spend too much money on new tuners when as far as I can tell the existing ones are fine.

Top Bottom