• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danielpopaniel

Hey guys,
of course I love my Stingray. But there is one thing I'm missing: a single-coil option!
Has anyone swapped the original for example to a Lindy Fralin Unbucker?
Or I'm thinking about replacing them into Lollar Imperials and then splitting them in parallel. Or I take the Unbucker to neck and the Imperial to the bridge...
Any experiences in that?
Rock on!
Daniel

TripHazard

I saw where someone put a Fralin sunbucker in a Stingray RS and they were very complimentary. Got no experience myself tho.

danielpopaniel

Okay, a sunbucker. That wasn't in my focus. Interesting idea. But I'm not sure with the Volume/Tone pots then. I would prefer a "real" Humbucker at the bridge. This one needs 500k, the Sunbucker likes 250k more...
Do you know the spacing of the stingray custom pus?

Last edited:

TripHazard

Also, good idea to straight up pick up the phone and cal fralin. Lindy will talk direct to customers and help you figure out a best fit

danielpopaniel

Okay, thanks a lot I'll give it a try. The ebmm customer service told me it was a standard spacing. Cheers!

Leeds

I
Hey guys,
of course I love my Stingray. But there is one thing I'm missing: a single-coil option!
Has anyone swapped the original for example to a Lindy Fralin Unbucker?
Or I'm thinking about replacing them into Lollar Imperials and then splitting them in parallel. Or I take the Unbucker to neck and the Imperial to the bridge...
Any experiences in that?
Rock on!
Daniel
Hi Daniel. Did you put any single coil pickups in your Sting Ray RS eventually? I am thinking about options for mine. Thanks, Mark

Top Bottom