• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rfair07

Hello, I have a 2002 JP6 Mystic Dream (no piezo) I am considering selling and it has a 1/2" stress crack in the horn area. I have owned a few guitars over the years with stress cracks, but unfortunately, this one appears a little deeper than the finish coating. Other than the stress crack, the guitar plays/sounds great and is in great condition for its age.

My question is this: how much would you estimate that this crack would affect pricing the guitar and what would be a general estimate that this guitar would be listed at? I strive to be transparent when I sell a guitar and want to ensure I'm pricing appropriately, as it has been some time since I sold an older JP model.

If this has been answered, I apologize for relisting. However, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lax

Sadly I had a mystic dream with stress cracks that ended in huge cracks and I had a hard time selling it because finish was going of chipping...
I guess it has several hundreds $/€ consequence on the usual selling price, I don't know where you're selling from.

Pink

Reverb shows the JP6s at $1500 - $2000 USD historically. That information doesn’t give the model year or general condition, though should be enough to give you a ballpark amount.

Top Bottom