• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Apex

I am having tuning issues with my new majesty. I have read various forum threads and tried the common fixes - nut sauce (nut only), new strings (well broken-in). The locking tuners are set up correctly with less than 1 wind. Everything is tight but still the thing goes out after a dive bomb or if I pull up on the trem. Tuning is fairly stable on wide bends.

I have spent an inordinate amount of time tuning a guitar that is this expensive.

I don’t go in for crazy trem action when I play, but regardless I can’t help but feel that the guitar should still be staying in-tune with some light trem play.

Am I expecting too much from a floating trem that doesn’t have a locking nut?

I am keen to hear from anyone else who has these issues and managed to correct them, or if my expectations are unrealistic.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mace13

You are not expecting to much. The Majesty should/does stay in tune, even after dive bombing. It sounds like there might be some issue. Maybe call Music Man to help figure out what is wrong.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
As always, (because it's a regular refrain here) if there a problem that can be rectified under warranty, you should contact the store you bough form and EBMM customer service.

Thought - what string gauge do you have on there? If you went quite heavy for a drop tuning, the string slots on the nut might need some work to be widened. If you don't tuning stability will be affected.

1neeto

My Sterling Majesty stays pretty well in tune no matter how hard I abuse that whammy bar. I’d expect no less out of a EBMM Majesty. Yours is probably a setup issue, Maybe the nut is not cut right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom