• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bellaswail

I own a Majestic Purple Majesty and absolutely love it. However, when the Titan Blue came out I fell in love again, and I prefer this color blue to purple in general.

I am considering selling mine and putting that toward a new Titan Blue Majesty. Looks are not everyhing in a guitar, but I think a bit of that new guitar urge is kicking in too.

I just had some questions first:

1. Does anyone own the Titan Blue, or at least seen one in person? If so, how does it look? It looks amazing online, but I have not been able to find one around here.

2. I am having reservations about selling a guitar that I love for another one. Even though I am confident the new one will play great, what are your thoughts about selling a guitar you've become accustomed to?

3. And lastly, this really shouldn't matter but it might :p ...Which do you personally prefer? The Majestic Purple or Titan Blue?

Thanks for any input

StereoB

The Titan is one of the nicer colour schemes IMO in fact I love all 3 of the newer Majesty's BUT they all have glossy neck rears and that for me is no go, but YMMV...
1. No - and I don't expect to see one. Only chance would be a special order in the UK.
2.The other issue, beyond aesthetic, is what seems to be a unique quality to each of one of these individual instruments and if you have one you like you may miss something in the feel - and that's possibly something you could regret. (Or it might be better!) I would be cautious here!
Can you keep both for a while and decide once you have owned them both for a while?
3. The Titan Blue - and I usually don't go for blue BUT that neck issue would have me stick with the Majestic Purple...

Last edited:

bellaswail

The Titan is one of the nicer colour schemes IMO in fact I love all 3 of the newer Majesty's BUT they all have glossy neck rears and that for me is no go, but YMMV...
1. No - and I don't expect to see one. Only chance would be a special order in the UK.
2.The other issue, beyond aesthetic, is what seems to be a unique quality to each of one of these individual instruments and if you have one you like you may miss something in the feel - and that's possibly something you could regret. (Or it might be better!) I would be cautious here!
Can you keep both for a while and decide once you have owned them both for a while?
3. The Titan Blue - and I usually don't go for blue BUT that neck issue would have me stick with the Majestic Purple...

Thanks for the info! I totally forgot about the Titan not having a satin neck. Also, very good point about each guitar having a specific feel. That is what I worry most about. Between those 2 things, I don't think I will end up doing this.

However, I am still open to buying a second Majesty while keeping my Majestic Purple. I would just need to test one out of any color that has a gloss neck to see how much it will hinder my playing.

bellaswail

You can still get this one on the vault overseas and sand the finish satin : Shop Ernie Ball Music Man - Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty 6 String Colossus Blue Guitar

Thanks for the info, I never knew about this. The only thing is that I believe would have to pay a pretty hefty VAT tax on an international order, so it would be out of my price range all things considered.

We had a Titan Blue come through the store a few weeks ago, and will have another in a few weeks - it is gorgeous in person! I may have to pick one up for myself, being that I love Blue guitars so much.

Awesome! And same, the Titan Blue color is literally the perfect guitar for me. I was a little concerned that it might look darker in person, as my Majestic Purple looked a lot darker when it arrived than it did online. But if it holds that lighter blue look in person, it is pretty much my dream guitar.

PeteDuBaldo

Thanks for the info, I never knew about this. The only thing is that I believe would have to pay a pretty hefty VAT tax on an international order, so it would be out of my price range all things considered.

Awesome! And same, the Titan Blue color is literally the perfect guitar for me. I was a little concerned that it might look darker in person, as my Majestic Purple looked a lot darker when it arrived than it did online. But if it holds that lighter blue look in person, it is pretty much my dream guitar.

Yes it is a bright blue in the center, with just a bit of a dark burst at the edges!

Top Bottom