• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

skhan007

D3E94004-0BAE-4FFE-A85A-09BCC8D57F5A.jpg

I was talking to my neighbor about Edward and he told me that he has an old EVH guitar under his bed. He let me borrow it for about a month and it is so incredible. My neighbor is not a player, but rather a super huge fan of Van Halen. He bought this guitar in the 90s on a whim and just simply keeps it under his bed as a collectors item. I wouldn’t call it a time capsule, but something similar. I changed the strings and set it up for him. Sounds like 1 million bucks through my Suhr SL67. I really dig the pristine and unfaded purple. It literally has not seen the light of day.

GWDavis28

Yah that's awesome!!!!

attachment.php

Usually they are faded beyond belief. That one is a total keeper!!!!

Glenn |B)

skhan007

Yah that's awesome!!!!

attachment.php

Usually they are faded beyond belief. That one is a total keeper!!!!

Glenn |B)

Hey, how did you get the image to be so large vs. the little thumbnail in my original post? Still learning the ropes.

GWDavis28

Hey, how did you get the image to be so large vs. the little thumbnail in my original post? Still learning the ropes.

You gotta understand those interwebs man. I tend to host my pictures on imgbb.com and then display them here. I understand html, so I get the code, I'm been around since the dawn of the Interebs, hahahahahahahaha.

Glenn |B)

danielbravo

Simply beatutiful, It is rare to see these guitars so well preserved, even more so with this purple top

tbonesullivan

When the site says "call" for price, that means "you can't afford it." LOL.

Yeah. They do however have some Axis's, and a 25th anniversary. Looks like someone cashed in their EBMM collection, or put it on consignment. However, they look like they still have the original hang tags???

lifeson1

Yeah. They do however have some Axis's, and a 25th anniversary. Looks like someone cashed in their EBMM collection, or put it on consignment. However, they look like they still have the original hang tags???

Yeah,I believe they are the owner’s who has kept them under wraps for all these years. My feeling is that with the pandemic, EVH’s passing, and slowed business- this was the right time to sell. His shop is about half an hour from me, and I know he is an EBMM dealer .

dibart77

Jeff needs to grab all of those!

Naw... I checked them out when I saw @lifeson1's post above, but my purples, pinks, blues and natural are all nicer than those.

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

blank.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

And, of course, the one that started it all (albeit pretty faded now and not the best top):
photo_0003.jpg

lifeson1

Anytime Jeff posts something, it's the equivalent of an EBMM 'Mic Drop' - lol.

IN fairness to those EVH at NJ G&B, his photos are ALWAYS terrible. In person, most of the offerings are usually a lot nicer.

Top Bottom