• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Luke Duke

I've been searching and looking and reading and searching, and looking and reading...but I've never found the story of where the ideas for 25th/Reflex came from. I've got a buddy that is back looking at EBMMs for the first time in years since I've jumped on the bandwagon and during our discussion earlier today I realized I had no idea about the history of the model and/or its innovations.

The only think I know is that the tone block concept started in the 20th anniversary Silo. To my knowledge there haven't been any other chambered bodies, especially basswood.

So, lay it on me. If there's a youtube I missed or a thread I'll devour it! My guess is that BP is going to have to answer.

Thanks!

Luke

Luke Duke

Hi Luke,

Big fan of the 25th like you - its been my fave EBMM and guitar for many years :)

Over the years I've tried to do a deep dive into the story of the model, but off the top of my head, this was a very interesting thread started by BP: http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-b...41-jan-5-update-25th-guitar-premiere-pix.html

Pics are missing, but top notch info.

Cheers

Thanks for the link!

Yah they are from Photobucket. Not a very good place to host pictures anymore, but at the time was top notch.

Glenn |B)

Yeah, I have/had a monster photobucket acct that became WORTHLESS. It makes me so sad.

GWDavis28

Yeah, I have/had a monster photobucket acct that became WORTHLESS. It makes me so sad.

I moved all mine out and now use IMgBB.com. You can download the photobucket images to you computer and then upload them to another site.

Glenn |B)

Astrofreq

Well, I never turn down the chance to show off my 1-of-a-kind Reflex. :)

This is an older pic without the anodized blue knobs and pickup switch, but the rest still looks the same.

attachment.php

Top Bottom