• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

EBMM_EVH_1992

Since Ed's passing I've been hunting down magazines and books - a real trip down memory lane and some amazing pics.

This is from Ross Halfin's new Photo Book which sold out pretty quick (these are iPhone / snapseed photos I took) .. love how his EBMMs look, these guitar just suit him so much :

EVH-Trans-Red-EBMM-Sig.jpg

EVH-Trans-Amber-5150-EBMM-Sig.jpg

racerx

Man, the late '90s butt-rock-era hair styles really didn't suit anyone well. At least the guitars look great! Its a shame whatever happened in the EVH/EB relationship but at least it happened and some great guitars came out of it.

Jamie M

Ed is the reason i play EBMM, without him I would not have found out about the EVH and Axis models. Great era

KazJY

I agree. Great shots, and I missed out on this book. I thought "I'll grab it later" and poof! They were gone.

I remember how exciting it was to go into GC and see what colors were up on the wall (after almost no previous experience with EBMM guitars). The tops too - Not many others were doing the quilt tops, etc.

I am not a floyd guy, but regret not getting one. (I do have an AL, but am here because I'm hunting down an Axis...)

EBMM_EVH_1992

I agree. Great shots, and I missed out on this book. I thought "I'll grab it later" and poof! They were gone.

I remember how exciting it was to go into GC and see what colors were up on the wall (after almost no previous experience with EBMM guitars). The tops too - Not many others were doing the quilt tops, etc.

I am not a floyd guy, but regret not getting one. (I do have an AL, but am here because I'm hunting down an Axis...)

There are the EBMM EVH hard tail guitars available, this looks a beauty - expensive, but a good investment too.

1993 Ernie Ball Music Man EVH Eddie Van Halen Hardtail Trans Gold Quilt | eBay

jayjayjay

Ed is the reason i play EBMM, without him I would not have found out about the EVH and Axis models. Great era

Same here! I don't think EBMM would have been on my radar had it not been for EVH's endorsement (there's a reason why companies do endorsements!). I remember seeing one in person in a GC back in the 90's, and the sales guy was nice enough to take one down and let me look. I think I was in my last year of high school, if I remember right. At the time, I thought it was pretty much the coolest guitar out there - and for the most part, I still think that.

Earlier this year, finally, after nearly 30 years, I finally bought an Axis. And it's everything I hoped for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom