• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

moleng1

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I bought an EBMM Albert Lee SSS, all seems fine with the guitar so far without opening her up, but I have noticed that when I touch the battery box I get quite a lot of distorted noise, could this be loose wires, bad battery connection?

So far I can't even figure out how to remove the battery and I don't want to force it and break something.

Any input would be appreciated.

Fusionman

Just push on the box and it should spring open. There’s a small gate that holds the 9v battery in place and just swings out of the way and allows you to replace the battery.

beej

The noise isn't unusual, it's an intermittent connection between the battery and the terminals in the battery box.

Not all 9V batteries are exactly the same size. So the easiest thing to do is put a little shim between the battery and the door of the box, like a small wedge of cardboard. That'll ensure the battery seats snugly when the door is connected.

moleng1

Just push on the box and it should spring open. There’s a small gate that holds the 9v battery in place and just swings out of the way and allows you to replace the battery.

The noise isn't unusual, it's an intermittent connection between the battery and the terminals in the battery box.

Not all 9V batteries are exactly the same size. So the easiest thing to do is put a little shim between the battery and the door of the box, like a small wedge of cardboard. That'll ensure the battery seats snugly when the door is connected.

Thanks guys, will give both a try, great forum so far, glad I joined!!

Bill S

Yes, thank you! About a year ago I took my Cutlass into my local guitar shop here in Alicante, Spain. The guy there gave it a good set up, but he couldn’t work out what to do about this issue and I have just lived with it. Sometimes problems can be solved in such a simple way.

Top Bottom