• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

chanminator

i just put a downpayment on a ebmm luke and was wondering if any of you guys own one and can tell me more about this axe?...

chanminator

nah .. basically i was introduced to this forum by another friend.. who also ordered a musicman with me...we are both in singapore. and our local distributor doesnt stock the guitars... so we kinda ordered em without fully getting to try em out intensively.

but we are both very optimistic!

in this forum i see alot of Axis and petrucci model owners.. but little luke owners..so i decided to ask about it.

well i got myself a white luke with matching headstock!!! i hope it looks as good as on the website!

any problems with your luke at all??? even tiny ones???

fogman

No problems.
In my opinion, the Luke is the most user specific.
Some don't like the necks as much as the other EBMMs.
I don't own one so I can't say too much!

chanminator

yea..i realised.... im asian so my hands are slightly smaller... yet the luke neck still feels so small at the first fret that it seems like a mid-scale guitar... and not 25.5

very comfy guitar for me to play.... the SLVs are also very smooth... love em.
i just hope mine turns up with no problems... eg neck ...trussrod....etc... my friend's jpm7 had a nasty finish crack hope its only for that particular model.

ERNIEBALL if you guys happen to be working on a WHITE LUKE for SINGAPORE!!! PLEASE make it beautiful!!!

vexed73

I have the Luke II with piezo in butter cream. I love it!!!! Best guitar I have ever owned. I like strat style guitars though. I also like 12" radius's and EMG's so it seemed like a perfect choice. I can see where the neck shape would be a love it or hate it kinda thing.

slukather

chanminator said:
yea..i realised.... im asian so my hands are slightly smaller... yet the luke neck still feels so small at the first fret that it seems like a mid-scale guitar... and not 25.5

very comfy guitar for me to play.... the SLVs are also very smooth... love em.
i just hope mine turns up with no problems... eg neck ...trussrod....etc... my friend's jpm7 had a nasty finish crack hope its only for that particular model.

ERNIEBALL if you guys happen to be working on a WHITE LUKE for SINGAPORE!!! PLEASE make it beautiful!!!

I have big hands and the Luke is very comfortable to play, l love small necks, you'll be happy with yout purchase, it is a greta guitar.

Scott.

chanminator

wow the buttercream is beautiful.... i couldnt get it so i chose the white.... abit to the "gay" side i suppose... but oh well .. it looked like heaven on the website...

thanks scott for the encouragement... i feel more at ease now... :)

tommyindelaware

i got one too......the neck is GREAT. i lucked out & found one w/ a very flamed neck and headstock.
they look better than the photos........
i use to break d strings alot on it....til i sanded the saddle silky smooth w/ 600 grit....then 1000 grut sandpaper (sand across the saddle....not longways) ....and started putting big bends nut sauce lubricant on the saddle. also helps in the nut slots to stay in tune better.......
i also recomend sticking w/ ernie ball strings on it.... :D

kbaim

I got 3. Love them all. One (blue dawn 2002) has a neck noticeably smaller than the other 2. It's the most comfortable for me of the 3.

White will look great with the black pickups and knobs. Good choice.

SteveLINY

I have a black sparkle w matching headstock. I only changed the bridge pup to an 81 because I hate 85's. I'm not a big fan of EMG's, but they sound great in this guitar.
Steve

Terry Hayes

I love my Luke. I could probably manage just fine if it was my only guitar (well, except for country because it is hard to do fake pedal-steel bends with a floating trem). But, it is a versatile guitar that you will love. My current Luke is the 2nd one I have owned and I have had no problems with either of them.

Terry

Ali

Got mine early this year, after years of Ibanez Jem and Universe. The Luke is just the best guitar I've ever played (for me). Prefer it to all the Tyler, Suhr, Tom Anderson etc that I tried, and it's half the price. Got mine in Carbon Blue Pearl with matching headstock. You won't regret it, really. It's such a fantastically versatile guitar and just so comfortable to play. Hope you like it :cool:

In fact, I like it so much that I'm debating whether another one (probably Radiance Red or Lava Pearl) should join it :D

Antoine

The Luke is an impressive guitar, in fact i prefer my Axis Super Sport HH for the very thick Rock tones she has, but my Luke, even if she does not have such thickness in tones as the Axis, have some very great Rock tones and is definitely better for clean tones thanks to his 2 single coils ! (the Axis SS has got good clean tones thanks to the auto-split selector positions, but the Luke ones are better)
The only complaint i have with the Luke is that the Pickups are very far from the strings even with the action set very very low, and you can't raise them because they're directly mounted to the body, so the guitar looses some output and some lows !
Some Luke owners put a piece of foam between the pickups and the body to raise them, but i don't like to do this, otherwise you will loose the advantage of the contact between the wood and the pickup.
But even with this little "negative" point, (certainly due to Steve Lukather choices) the Luke is a world top class instrument, and imho the best........ just after the Axis Super Sport HH ;) .

tristan

Antoine said:
The Luke is an impressive guitar, in fact i prefer my Axis Super Sport HH for the very thick Rock tones she has, but my Luke, even if she does not have such thickness in tones as the Axis, have some very great Rock tones and is definitely better for clean tones thanks to his 2 single coils ! (the Axis SS has got good clean tones thanks to the auto-split selector positions, but the Luke ones are better)
The only complaint i have with the Luke is that the Pickups are very far from the strings even with the action set very very low, and you can't raise them because they're directly mounted to the body, so the guitar looses some output and some lows !
Some Luke owners put a piece of foam between the pickups and the body to raise them, but i don't like to do this, otherwise you will loose the advantage of the contact between the wood and the pickup.
But even with this little "negative" point, (certainly due to Steve Lukather choices) the Luke is a world top class instrument, and imho the best........ just after the Axis Super Sport HH ;) .

viva corsica ! :D

blackspy

Antoine said:

You could always mount your own wood shim under the pickup to raise it, maintaining that pickup to the guitar contact. I've done it on a couple of direct mounted guitars I've made over the years.

Top Bottom