Ernie Ball CRNR Mike Dirnt
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer GUITAR? Just ask the Music Man team!

Quote Originally Posted by bkrumme View Post
    It's soon. Got word of my projected build date yesterday...
    Where did you hear that from?
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

Quote Originally Posted by MSilvers View Post
    Where did you hear that from?
    My good buddy and Music Man dealer, Pete DuBaldo.
    BFR JP7 - Amethyst Burst - 5/29/08
    JP7 - Stealth - 3/22/10
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP - 4/9/12

Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Ok so I'm hoping someone can answer my ignorant question... Does the game changer allow for the simulation of different pickups ie a hotter pickup? I mean the pickup wiring I'm sure is fixed, but if you change the signal strength or direction polarity I don't see how this would actually change the pickup from a hotter or colder pickup. I realize you can change the parallel series and probably strength of polarity based upon limiting the signal from the plug. I mean on the gamechanger let's say you want a really hot scooped evh sound, but then want a more even petrucci sound. Aren't the pickup sounds controlled a lot by the magnets and wiring. A slash alnico vs say a evh pickup is way different... So can we expect tonal possibilities from both these spectrums?

Also, what is the math for the number of pickup combinations? Ok so my understanding is you can use each coil as a single or a use double coils or triple or quadruple plus you can use these in parallel or series in phase out of phase etc?
    Last edited by jvh; 01-24-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Sorry if I missed it, was the GC going to be offered w/ full rosewood neck in either HH or HSH config? (can u tell I dig on the rosewood?)
    Musicman Luke III HH BFR Blueberry
    Musicman Luke III HH Olive Gold
    Musicman Luke III SSH Olive Gold
    Musicman Luke II PDN True Gold BFR
    Musicman Luke II Rad Red

I've heard a lot about MIDI in the GC. Are there MIDI jacks on the guitar now, or is there a specialty interface?
    BFR JP7 - Amethyst Burst - 5/29/08
    JP7 - Stealth - 3/22/10
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP - 4/9/12

I was wondering if the GameChanger software will also be available for Android tablets/phones or it is a Apple-only deal.

Thanks

I just had an idea. Some guitar makers offer a blower switch where when it is turn on either both volume and tone or just tone knobs are by bypassed and the guitar automatically switches to the bridge humbucker in series. With the GC will we be able to make it bypass the tone pot or the tone and volume pot?
    Otto

I have a question about the stereo jacks on this guitar. Can you, for example, send the bridge humbucker from one output and the middle pickup from another? Can you send the neck humbucker from one output and the outer coil of that same pickup from the other?
    JP6 (Graphite Pearl)- fully loaded Born 5/8/08
    SUB1 (Blue)- HH, hardtail Born 5/17/04
    Ernie Ball Wah
    RPS Super Slinkys

ok had to bump this thread now that the GC's are being produced and are about to hit the streets we'd all love details about what the actual production model is going to be like. I check the website all the time but haven't seen any updates on it
    Otto

To any of you guitarists who haven't noticed yet, they posted new specs on the website: Gamechanger - Specs

All the photos still look like the originals though.
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

As of this week we are proud to announce the release of The Game Changer!!! After a lot of R&D and patience, these baby's are ready to rock! You should be able to find them in your local stores anytime now....so be on the lookout!!!!

Check out the web-application at
    The Gamechanger

And even more info at:
    The Gamechanger
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

did I miss the answer to this? Will the Game Changer be available on any basses?

Yes and yes.

The Game Changer
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

Drew,

Just got my Game Changer in today. I absolutely love it! You guys really did do a great job with this thing. I have a few questions and hopefully they have not been asked. I looked through all of the pages and didn't think I saw any of these asked?

On the volume pot, I know you push it down to save your setting on either Bank A or Bank B at whatever position you want on the 5 way selector. It then says to hold down to reset. Does that mean the guitar resets everything to the factory settings?

Also, since there are so many setting programmed in from the factory, is there a place to go on the Game Changer website that says what each factory setting is on all 5 positions of Banks A & B and all 15 of the Z Bank setting?

Final question and I'm not sure if this can be answered yet. I know a few folks on here had some great questions at launch about things like bluetooth upgradability and a few other things. When more advanced things come out at a later date, is the idea to have it on all of those new Game Changers forward or can they be programmed into previous ones too?

Thanks Drew!
    Jay