Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer GUITAR? Just ask the Music Man team!

Hi again,

I haven´t really gotten this question answered yet after posting here and sent a mail to customer service so;

When will the finishes be determined and the website fully unlocked with the web application?

Jocke, the Reflex with GameChanger is only available in black for the time being.

I'm interested in finding out about the web app, too!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Thank you all for your questions and patience, but please refrain from answering the questions yourselves. We are trying to populate these threads with accurate answers as a source for all to learn.

The web app will be available closer to the time of shipping. It is still in beta form, and we will be adding more info, videos, and demos as time permits.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

Sorry Drew, I had 8 tabs open and didn't realize I answered in your thread!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

My question is if a Tone is found on the fly while playing "unplugged from a USB" Would there be a way to know what the setting currently was at? Are the tones pre programmed and then used? I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    if the website shows them with no covers...hmmmm maybe we posted an unfinished guitar? hahahaha NO Covers on the HSH it sucked with covers
    D'oh! I walked into that one! >.<

Sorry, this will be the last question from me Drew.

For someone like me who stays in the US but lives mostly in another country like Korea, what kind of options for service will there be in the event that the GC needs servicing? Will the EBMM and Crew license authorized repair technicians or only service them inhouse in SLO?

Also, would there be any difference warranty wise for a GC guitar and a normal EBMM? Thanks a ton!
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminFloyd View Post
    My question is if a Tone is found on the fly while playing "unplugged from a USB" Would there be a way to know what the setting currently was at? Are the tones pre programmed and then used? I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Thank you
    If a tone is "found," I am assuming you like it, and would like to use it in the future. That is the perfect time to save it manually to a position on the 5 way lever. This can be done without the web app. The next time TGC is connected to the computer, you can then "know" what the tone was. Banks A, B, Z come stock with presets, but you can load anything you want into them once you are on the web app. This can be done time and time again.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySteve View Post
    D'oh! I walked into that one! >.<

Sorry, this will be the last question from me Drew.

For someone like me who stays in the US but lives mostly in another country like Korea, what kind of options for service will there be in the event that the GC needs servicing? Will the EBMM and Crew license authorized repair technicians or only service them inhouse in SLO?

Also, would there be any difference warranty wise for a GC guitar and a normal EBMM? Thanks a ton!
    We are still ironing out all of the service techniques and warranty specifications. TGC is quite a different beast than we are used to supporting, so there is a lot to set in place. As we get closer to shipping TGC, more info will be available. Also, as these become more readily available, I am sure there will be more people with greater knowledge about the product, thus allowing for potential "authorized" technicians.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you desire!

Diamond Creek, VIC, Australia- at Rancho Alberto
    Hey did someone mention SSS players?? That includes me! Drew, I know i'm a mighty pain in the ass, but I have to ask- how close are the single coil tones to a SSS AL or Silo Special in the HSH GC? I'm not trying to be a knob about it, i'm 1000% curious with all these millions of tones that at least some get close to nailing a typical bridge/middle single tone, which I love so much, and would love to have on a guitar with humbuckers.
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

Hey Rob you are far from being a pita my friend, I think we are all at some point with TGC We are all very curious about this revolution
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

How many documented tones have been found so far? Is it possible to cycle through millions of tones in this lifetime? I dont have a calc but 100 tones a day x 365 year = 3650 tones a year x10 years= 365,000. 30 years I'll hit a million Drew can you change my user name to "Tone Collector" Thank you

100x365= 36,500

36,500 means around 219 years to cycle through 8million options.

Seeing that 250,000 unique tones are available I'd go with that figure instead and would equate to less than 7 years of testing at 100 a day.
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySteve View Post
    100x365= 36,500

36,500 means around 219 years to cycle through 8million options.

Seeing that 250,000 unique tones are available I'd go with that figure instead and would equate to less than 7 years of testing at 100 a day.
    I left out a couple of zeros there Thanks , Now that turns out to be 219 years @ 100 tones a day = 8 million ? Yah I think I can be happy with 250,000.

Drew, Important question....Is it possible to name the tones in the data base? Or will they just be numbered? When someone finds a cool tone, can they get bragging rights and be the author of that tone with their name and or name of tone? I would love to find a tone that Luke or Steve would like. Has this been thought about yet?

I saw that you replied before that the GC is only available on specific models currently.
    My question is, are there any plans on including more models with the GC in the future? Or will it only be the current models?
    JP6 Dargie Delight II Fully Loaded DOB Sep. 28th -09
    JP7 BFR Bahama Blue Burst with Rosewood Neck DOB Feb. 20th -14

Hi, will there sometimes be a possibility to integrate the game changer system into my petrucci with piezo bridge?

And sorry for my english - I'm no native speaker.