BFR June
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer GUITAR? Just ask the Music Man team!

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot Drew for the crystal clear answer !
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Is it possible to seal the GC PCB compartment and offer and extented warranty? If the board goes out will it be an exspensive fix? Thank you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminFloyd View Post
    Is it possible to seal the GC PCB compartment and offer and extented warranty? If the board goes out will it be an exspensive fix? Thank you
    I'm not sure what you are getting at with this question, but we do seal it with screws As far as an extended warranty, that will most likely not happen. We have and will continue to perform many tests to ensure the electronic performance will more than surpass any warranty provided. As far as "if he board goes out," it all depends on the potential issue. Only time/experience will tell what the cost(s) may be.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Since it primarily involves the guitar's electronics, is there a plan down the road for a GC kit?
    I'm sure there are one or two of us that would like to have the GC capability in a guitar we already own.
    I would buy such a kit even it it required the EBMM pickups, and some drilling and routing.

However, I would also be greatly dissappointed if the GC electronics are actually soldered to the pickups and guitar controls.
    Solderless guitar electronics are a reality now whether you go down the Seymour Duncan Liberator, or EMG path.
    http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/279/231/101

Zzap
    Last edited by zzap; 02-06-2011 at 09:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zzap View Post
    Since it primarily involves the guitar's electronics, is there a plan down the road for a GC kit?
    I'm sure there are one or two of us that would like to have the GC capability in a guitar we already own.
    I would buy such a kit even it it required the EBMM pickups, and some drilling and routing.

However, I would also be greatly dissappointed if the GC electronics are actually soldered to the pickups and guitar controls.
    Solderless guitar electronics are a reality now whether you go down the Seymour Duncan Liberator, or EMG path.
    Electric Guitar Pickups & Accessories - EMG Pickups | 1 or 2 Pickups

Zzap
    zzap..

TGC is only available in the Reflex as of now, future plans for the technology are exactly that....future plans.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Bank Z questions

If you're playing something in bank z, then switch to one of the other banks, then switch back, does it remember what bank z position you were playing before or does it reset?

Here's a scenario: Say you're playing something in position 1 of bank A. Then you hit the bank Z switch up a few times so you're now playing in Bank Z position 3. Then you move the 5 way switch taking you to some other position in bank A. If you hit the Bank Z switch up again, what position will you be in?

Thanks,
    Tony

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tonypeps View Post
    If you're playing something in bank z, then switch to one of the other banks, then switch back, does it remember what bank z position you were playing before or does it reset?

Here's a scenario: Say you're playing something in position 1 of bank A. Then you hit the bank Z switch up a few times so you're now playing in Bank Z position 3. Then you move the 5 way switch taking you to some other position in bank A. If you hit the Bank Z switch up again, what position will you be in?

Thanks,
    Tony
    That's a good question. I'm kinda wondering about this, too.
    BFR JP7 - Amethyst Burst - 5/29/08
    JP7 - Stealth - 3/22/10
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP - 4/9/12

User Info Menu

Drew, if I chose to do so, you guys can GC my standard Reflex right?

Can you give a cost and I would imagine it has to be done at SLO for warranty purposes.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tonypeps View Post

Thanks,
    Tony
    Bank Z is always reset so that when you come from a switch below (lever or bank switch), and you press up on Bank Z you are on preset Z#1.

Keep in mind that Bank Z, when coming default from the factory, is filled with 15 presets to be saved in banks A or B (so that you can get a variety of tones without connecting to the web app). There are single coil/humbucker & series/parallel versions of coil combinations to initially choose from. However, once you have TGC, you can fill Bank Z with 0-15 presets....meaning you do things like load only 1 preset in it....this can act as your "go-to" or "solo" tone. No matter what Bank A/B preset you are on, you can quickly hit the Bank Z up or down (again, filled with only one tone), and instantly rocking your favorite tone!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by browndog View Post
    Drew, if I chose to do so, you guys can GC my standard Reflex right?

Can you give a cost and I would imagine it has to be done at SLO for warranty purposes.

Thanks
    TGC is not retrofittable at this time.

User Info Menu

Thats too bad but I realize it might be costly at both ends.

If when you start to fit other models with TGC and offer to retrofittable them, you’re going to get more guitars sent back to you then you’re making.

Thanks Drew

User Info Menu

We did answer that one too..
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Is the piezo strickly programable? What I mean by this is that if I am in position one and I turn the piezo on if I go to any other position will the piezo turn off or will it stay on? Also any idea when more color will be announced? I have an HSH maple neck Game Changer with my name on it and I am holding out to see what other colors you will be selling it in.
    Otto

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brokenvail View Post
    Is the piezo strickly programable? What I mean by this is that if I am in position one and I turn the piezo on if I go to any other position will the piezo turn off or will it stay on? Also any idea when more color will be announced? I have an HSH maple neck Game Changer with my name on it and I am holding out to see what other colors you will be selling it in.
    The piezo pickup can be turned on/off to be combined with (or without) the magnetic pickups. The user will have the ability to save the piezo setting (in addition to just the magnetic pickups) to the 5 way selector switch. As far as it being a global on/off setting, that is TBD.

Future colors will be determined in the future.

User Info Menu

If I wanted to get some bell-like or twangy single-coil sounds, would the HH be able to do it, or would it be better to order the HSH?

thanks!
    Last edited by millifoo; 02-15-2011 at 03:10 PM.