Volt Power Supply
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer GUITAR? Just ask the Music Man team!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by millifoo View Post
    If I wanted to get some bell-like or twangy single-coil sounds, would the HH be able to do it, or would it be better to order the HSH?

thanks!
    You can get pretty much any tone out of both. However, if you want that middle pickup tone, there is only one way to do that (HSH)!
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

I searched the thread and didn't see if this was asked yet or not.

Does the Game Changer come with a USB cable for use with the web application, or will I have to buy one separately?
    BFR JP7 - Amethyst Burst - 5/29/08
    JP7 - Stealth - 3/22/10
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP - 4/9/12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bkrumme View Post
    I searched the thread and didn't see if this was asked yet or not.

Does the Game Changer come with a USB cable for use with the web application, or will I have to buy one separately?
    The plan is to provide one
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Drew, I think you answered this but for my own clarification I will ask it simply..
    1. Are the Hum p/u's identical between the H/H and H/s/H guitar; it seems like you said they H/S/H has slightly revoiced hums to "split better" for better single coil tones.

2. You said the GC H/H is identical to the reflex with awesomer electronics; now is that for all intents and purposes identical to a BFR Axis? (i know a regular axis doesnt have the mahogany tone block) (basically i'd love an axis for the F.U.Carnal Knoweldge and Balance tones, with the ability to get 1000 other tones)

Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguitar View Post
    Drew, I think you answered this but for my own clarification I will ask it simply..
    1. Are the Hum p/u's identical between the H/H and H/s/H guitar; it seems like you said they H/S/H has slightly revoiced hums to "split better" for better single coil tones.

2. You said the GC H/H is identical to the reflex with awesomer electronics; now is that for all intents and purposes identical to a BFR Axis? (i know a regular axis doesnt have the mahogany tone block) (basically i'd love an axis for the F.U.Carnal Knoweldge and Balance tones, with the ability to get 1000 other tones)

Thanks
    All of the pickups are voiced to be best utilized by TGC circuit. The pickups are based off, if not identical to the current Reflex pickups. That is about as much of a description I can provide. I am sure TGC and the pickups will speak for themselves once you get a chance to play/hear one in person.

User Info Menu

Drew How noisy will it be in single coil mode without having the silent circuit?
    Otto

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brokenvail View Post
    Drew How noisy will it be in single coil mode without having the silent circuit?
    Hard to clarify on a forum, but that is another topic that has been improved through the design of the pickups.

User Info Menu

Might the GC be getting bluetooth capabilty so it can be updated wirelessly like on an ipad or other such devices?
    Otto

User Info Menu

Might the GC be getting bluetooth capabilty so it can be updated wirelessly like on an ipad or other such devices?
    There are many communication technologies that are constantly being looked into for TGC project.

User Info Menu

Drew I can't tell from the pics on the game changer web site does the HSH have the pickup rings on it?
    Otto

User Info Menu

Drew I can't tell from the pics on the game changer web site does the HSH have the pickup rings on it?
    Nope

User Info Menu

So when will "The Game Changer" be available in production models?

User Info Menu

Hi Drew,

First of all, I'd congratulate you for the Game Changer. I really like the idea!

However:

1) I really hope you will allow stand-alone application to connect to the guitar to change the setup without Internet connection!!! I don't have internet connection everywhere I go (studios, stages, hotels, etc...). I wish the Internet connection would only be required to access to the Data base.

2) Will you support ZAM Power system, to avoid the need of batteries?

3) When will you release the HHH model?

4) What would be the benefit of the single coil of a HSH over the HHH (setup as a HSH). I know the placement of 3 and 4 (on HHH) will never be exactly right in the middle as 3 (on HSH), but is there any huge difference between pickups?

5) Are you including TGC circuit on other model? If I wish a Luke with HSH or HHH & TGC circuit, can you make it? Or if I wish a GC in Koa or Purple Sunburst, can you make it?

Thanks in advance
    Phil

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by axis814 View Post
    So when will "The Game Changer" be available in production models?
    As stated before, please contact sales.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spidouz View Post
    Hi Drew,

First of all, I'd congratulate you for the Game Changer. I really like the idea!
    Thank you! We are all very proud of the system!

However:

1) I really hope you will allow stand-alone application to connect to the guitar to change the setup without Internet connection!!! I don't have internet connection everywhere I go (studios, stages, hotels, etc...). I wish the Internet connection would only be required to access to the Data base.

2) Will you support ZAM Power system, to avoid the need of batteries?

3) When will you release the HHH model?

4) What would be the benefit of the single coil of a HSH over the HHH (setup as a HSH). I know the placement of 3 and 4 (on HHH) will never be exactly right in the middle as 3 (on HSH), but is there any huge difference between pickups?

5) Are you including TGC circuit on other model? If I wish a Luke with HSH or HHH & TGC circuit, can you make it? Or if I wish a GC in Koa or Purple Sunburst, can you make it?

Thanks in advance
    Phil

1. This is in the works, however the release of the offline application is still unknown.

2. TGC runs on 3AA batteries. However when USB is plugged in, USB powers the system. Note that USB does NOT recharge batteries.

3. No plans yet

4. 1,2,3,4,5, & 6 coil models all have their advantages and disadvantages, but TGC is useful for all coil scenarios. We went with HSH due to popular demand to encompass HH and SSS models. Remember, this is just the beginning!

5. TGC is only available on Black Reflex bass and guitars at this time.