Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer BASS? Just ask the Music Man team!

Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    Bank Z is not a removable option. However, Bank Z can be set up with 0-15 presets. We fill the default Bank Z with 15 of the "most used" presets just so the user has the ability to play with a variety of tones without having going to the website immediately (even though we imagine most Game Changer users will).
    Sovthe bass will essentially come with those 15 PLUS 5 more in each bank of the 5 way? That would give 25 tones right out of the box? Wow!

Peace,

T
    I am officially a Knucklehead! Took a long time to get here but I am really glad I made the trip! Thanks to everyone that has anything to do with making these the fine instruments they are!

EBMM ROASTED MAPLE STINGRAY 5 H
    EBMM STINGRAY 5 H (MULTIPLE)

Blog Entries
    or one of blues sarasceno's patches has bank z with 15 of the same tones bridge lead and he hits it anytime for his go to solo
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Will there be a software app with the GC so you can rewire your bass without internet access and store your settings locally?
    Will there be a 5 string version with HSS config on whatever bass? I just want to know when I have to start saving up.

Thanks in advance!
    https://www.facebook.com/Canyoucancan
    bassic profile

1991 SR4 H black/rw since 1992
    2009 Big Al SSS Olive Gold / Gold swirl
    2009 SR5 HH bfr tobacco burst / all rw neck
    2008 Bongo 5 HH egyptian smoke / phyton
    2006 Bongo 4 HP medallion gold / abalone (SmallEQ Bongo)
    2010 Big Al 5 H bfr roasted neck

-What happens to the settings if the batteries run out in the middle of playing?

-Or what's up with the 4 buttons being replaced by a switch? Why was this done?

-If I were to take all the batteries out (all of them!) would it still be playable in passive mode (like a normal bass lacking a preamp)?

Sorry if these are answered somewhere. And I did look at the tech specs and such on the GC website, however, I have trouble understanding electronics stuff, so please dumb it down for me in the case of any of my questions are answered by those specs.

My disposal income isn't all that much (young and poor, lol), so it's a tough choice whether to continue saving and wait for the GC, or to just get a non-GC. Any recommendation?

Oh, and when is the 5-string going to be available?

Thank you for your time and answers.

Does the Z bank switch change what sounds are in the 5-way switch?

Is there any way to know which Z bank selection I'm currently on besides guessing by listening?
    Want to add a thumbrest without drilling holes in your bass? Read this post!

Bass player for Adam's Evil and From Dogs to Wolves.

As of now only playing Music Man basses!
    1998 Stingray Trans Red/Rosewood
    2007 Sterling HS Pacific Blue Burst/Maple
    GK 1001RB-II | GK 410RBX | GK 115RBX

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntMan View Post
    Will the basses have a 6 coil option as in the HHH Reflex behind BP and Alvin Lee on Vid#2?

Will it be possible to save the 'settings' to a thumb drive or external USB drive so that TGC can be loaded with presets in case the location does not have Internet access?

--Ant
    Please note TGC website for options available.

As of now, there is no thumbdrive capabilities. However, we are working on a lite, offline application.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by midopa View Post
    thanks for opening up this thread guys

would i be able to use gc if i plugged it into an android phone using a usb cable? the idea is to go to the web app using the data connection on the phone.
    We are working with multiple application "hosts," meaning devices other than computers. However, when mixing and matching all of the hardware, firware, and software communication requirements between multiple OS', USB, Smart phones, computers, and browsers, things get quite tricky.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

Everyone, please be sure to read over the questions on both the Guitar & Bass Question Threads, as well as TGC website BEFORE posting. A lot of you are asking the same questions, and the more repetition, the harder it will be to find or provide answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixyka View Post
    -What happens to the settings if the batteries run out in the middle of playing?

-Or what's up with the 4 buttons being replaced by a switch? Why was this done?

-If I were to take all the batteries out (all of them!) would it still be playable in passive mode (like a normal bass lacking a preamp)?

Sorry if these are answered somewhere. And I did look at the tech specs and such on the GC website, however, I have trouble understanding electronics stuff, so please dumb it down for me in the case of any of my questions are answered by those specs.

My disposal income isn't all that much (young and poor, lol), so it's a tough choice whether to continue saving and wait for the GC, or to just get a non-GC. Any recommendation?

Oh, and when is the 5-string going to be available?

Thank you for your time and answers.
    -The settings are saved if the batteries run out
    -The four pickup selector buttons were replaced by the 5 way lever, so the form factor of TGC remains consistent across all models. Even though the buttons allowed for more combinations than the 5 way lever initially, the TGC allows for any combinations to be loaded into 1 of 5 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher View Post
    Does the Z bank switch change what sounds are in the 5-way switch?

Is there any way to know which Z bank selection I'm currently on besides guessing by listening?
    Think of Bank Z as a bank teller, and Banks A/B as your wallet. You can go to the teller, and request any $ amount you want (preset), and put it in your wallet (Bank A/B). Bank Z ships from the factory with 15 default presets (single coil, and humbucking in series/parallel combinations), that you can toggle through until you find the tone you prefer. Once found, simply save it to the desired position in Bank A or B.
    A lot of people comment that they would like to know 'where they are' on Bank Z (without trying TGC). This can be done by using the application. However, as you toggle through (without the app), if it SOUNDS right, then THAT is the tone you prefer. We wanted people to HEAR the tone they prefer, not guess based on a location or name in a bank.
    Lastly, note that Bank Z comes with 15 presets to allow for the most functionality/tones upon first use without plugging into a computer. Once you have "dialed in" your Game Changer, chances are you may load Bank Z with only 1 tone, perhaps like a SOLO switch.

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
    Interesting... if I understand this correctly, then, when you make a selection using a given switch it "cancels" whatever was last selected.

Using your example of loading Bank Z with just one tone for solos. I'm playing along and it's solo time, so I whack the Z switch and off I go.

But Z isn't a toggle, right? To get back to where I was pre-solo, what do I do? Sounds like I'd need to flip the lever from where it had been, then back to re-select my non-solo setting.

If this is correct, then I'd probably put the "solo" tone into the 5-way... just flip to solo, then flip back.

Note that the legions of the vast unwashed aren't going to have the opportunity to try TGC for several months... all of this is golden information, but we're inevitably going to make incorrect assumptions about what we want it to be like.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

http://www.coolshoesband.com

BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

So If I'm reading this correctly, the GC is NOT available on a 5 string Reflex model at this time.
    Please contact our sales department for all pricing and availabilty. The Game Changer is currently offered in the instruments listed on the Music Man website.
    John

Fender 500C + 210

Blog Entries
    ad most of you are re asking the same questions..I want telling anyone how to load bank z just telling you of how blues did ONE iof his schemes
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

We are working with multiple application "hosts," meaning devices other than computers. However, when mixing and matching all of the hardware, firware, and software communication requirements between multiple OS', USB, Smart phones, computers, and browsers, things get quite tricky.
    awesome!

yeah i understand completely. thanks again for the info, guys!

While it's more on the geeky side, will the GC be firmware upgradeable in the event you find any bugs in the future? Or offer a different control option for say the Z switch by loading a new firmware option?

How "clean" is the GC switching circuitry? That is to say, ff you had a regular bass and a GC bass configured to the same pickups as the regular bass, will they have the same tone (assuming same body/neck wood, etc) or does the GC circuity colour the sound in any way?