Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer BASS? Just ask the Music Man team!

Quote Originally Posted by CAW View Post
    While it's more on the geeky side, will the GC be firmware upgradeable in the event you find any bugs in the future? Or offer a different control option for say the Z switch by loading a new firmware option?

How "clean" is the GC switching circuitry? That is to say, ff you had a regular bass and a GC bass configured to the same pickups as the regular bass, will they have the same tone (assuming same body/neck wood, etc) or does the GC circuity colour the sound in any way?
    I watched a video, and they said they did extensive testing to the sound files coming from the instruments and compared them to standard (non TGC equipped) instruments, and they were identical when a TGC instrument was set to a "default" position. So ... you are capable of getting the normally available tones and sounds from the instrument as well as nearly infinite other combinations.

It was mentioned in one of TGC videos that wiring can be done (coil 1 + coil 2 ) or (coil 2 + coil 1) with each having a different tone. Can you explain how that works?

--Ant
    The surest way to fail is not to try.

* 25th Anniversary 4HSS Venetian Red - Flamed - Rosewood FB - EB Coated Super Slinky Strings (Orpheus)

Blog Entries
    coil one drive it in the first scenario and coil 2 drives in in the second one...sant this has also been covered by each artist and pete dubaldo...WE have no problem answering but not f it is in three other questions of threads. thanks!
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CAW View Post
    While it's more on the geeky side, will the GC be firmware upgradeable in the event you find any bugs in the future? Or offer a different control option for say the Z switch by loading a new firmware option?

How "clean" is the GC switching circuitry? That is to say, ff you had a regular bass and a GC bass configured to the same pickups as the regular bass, will they have the same tone (assuming same body/neck wood, etc) or does the GC circuity colour the sound in any way?
    Yes, TGC will be firware upgradable, and the application will have updates as well (ainly for upgrades, and hopefully not bugs).

The Game Changer circuitry does not color the sound in any way.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

Thank you all for your questions and patience, but please refrain from answering the questions yourselves. We are trying to populate these threads with accurate answers as a source for all to learn.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    coil one drive it in the first scenario and coil 2 drives in in the second one...sant this has also been covered by each artist and pete dubaldo...WE have no problem answering but not f it is in three other questions of threads. thanks!
    Sorry about the redundancy. I must have missed it in the videos. I will try to be more focused. Guess I am too hyped by TGC

--Ant
    The surest way to fail is not to try.

* 25th Anniversary 4HSS Venetian Red - Flamed - Rosewood FB - EB Coated Super Slinky Strings (Orpheus)

Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    Note that the legions of the vast unwashed aren't going to have the opportunity to try TGC for several months... all of this is golden information, but we're inevitably going to make incorrect assumptions about what we want it to be like.
    This is so true.
    Bongo 5 H carbon blue pearl

Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    Please contact our sales department for all pricing and availabilty. The Game Changer is currently offered in the instruments listed on the Music Man website.
    I contacted sales and was told to contact UK MM dealers. Two dealers had no idea and said they would contact MM. Neither has got an answer. I'll sit and wait until more is known, but it might be good if MM confirmed when it was available, or told their dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by jlepre View Post
    So If I'm reading this correctly, the GC is NOT available on a 5 string Reflex model at this time.
    Anyone?
    John

Fender 500C + 210

Blog Entries
    As we have said in other threads Gamchangers should be shipping in late arpil early may...,John Why are you bumping this? You are asking a question that has been addressed...there is currently no 5 string read the answer above

Guys want to close the thread?
    Two requests, please
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Sorry,
    I must've missed that one. My apologies. Please keep this thread open.
    John

Fender 500C + 210

What is output "2" for?
    -Matt the "Manfloozy"

Blog Entries
    already asked and answered a bunch check the website and you will see the schematic
    Two requests, please
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    There are no volume or tone settings are available. The Game Changer is all about pickup wiring, not volume/tone control/preamp settings.
    Thanks for this answer, that's exactly what was bothering me for a while!

Now TGC is even more interesting to me!

Is the bass only available in black right now and if so when will additional finishes be added?
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)