Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer BASS? Just ask the Music Man team!

Quote Originally Posted by MSilvers View Post
    Is the bass only available in black right now and if so when will additional finishes be added?
    Only Black....everything else is TBD
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    good thing we havent answered that it is only black and is only reflex...hahahah
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

I think a lot of us on the bass side are not checking the thread on the skinny-string side. I'm surprised it's not possible to have a single thread that shows up on both sides.
    ...Bryan

194-59-21-01 Sterling Silver Sterling5 HH Rosewood MHS F28514 3/14/11

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    good thing we havent answered that it is only black and is only reflex...hahahah
    Ok I did read the thread (I don't think I missed anything, but I might have) and I'm well aware that it only Reflex (I don't mind the single color choice).

However is this technology going to be available in the flagship of the bass line the "Stingray"?
    Or just having it in the Reflex a symbol of forward thinking and not looking back?

Its been eluded that it would be available in other styles down the road, and if so what would that time line be?

I hope the post does not come off as pointed, just curious and hopeful to see it a style that might be more appealing to other players.

Cheers
    Just a bunch of Rays...

Quote Originally Posted by Basswave View Post
    Ok I did read the thread (I don't think I missed anything, but I might have) and I'm well aware that it only Reflex (I don't mind the single color choice).

However is this technology going to be available in the flagship of the bass line the "Stingray"?
    Or just having it in the Reflex a symbol of forward thinking and not looking back?

Its been eluded that it would be available in other styles down the road, and if so what would that time line be?

I hope the post does not come off as pointed, just curious and hopeful to see it a style that might be more appealing to other players.

Cheers
    As of now, it's only in the Reflex, only time will tell where/what TGC ends up in!
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    As of now, it's only in the Reflex, only time will tell where/what TGC ends up in!
    I want a Gamechanger in my barbecue.

Imagine being able to download BP's favorite smoker settings!
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

http://www.coolshoesband.com

BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

I can already hear the uproar and cries of blasphemy from the myopic traditionalists of the bass world if BP decides to drop the GC in an SR. He will find forgiveness easier to get if he just slept with the Blessed Virgin.

My question Drew is: The 2 jacks, if I read correctly, allow for two channel output so active and passive signals can be sent to different amps/cabs/processors/FX. Are these jacks also set up to accept Gamechanger assigning them the output of individual coils or pickups?

thanks!

====================================
    141-DD-76-01 Bongo
    111-L5-5M-01 SR

Quote Originally Posted by syciprider View Post
    I can already hear the uproar and cries of blasphemy from the myopic traditionalists of the bass world if BP decides to drop the GC in an SR. He will find forgiveness easier to get if he just slept with the Blessed Virgin.

My question Drew is: The 2 jacks, if I read correctly, allow for two channel output so active and passive signals can be sent to different amps/cabs/processors/FX. Are these jacks also set up to accept Gamechanger assigning them the output of individual coils or pickups?

thanks!
    There will be a multitude of ways to configure TGC. As of now, the information on the website shows the basics of the design. Once these start hitting the stores, there will be more specific functionality described in detail. Please don't ask for "what is to come" because we cannot discuss it at this time. However, I promise you more info will be provided as it becomes necessary.

I know bank 'A' and bank 'B' are active and passive respectively, but as far as the two banks of presets, are the 5 position presets saved in bank 'A' the same in bank 'B', but just passive? Or are the presets totally individual between the two banks? If they are individual, when you have presets saved in bank 'A' are the default settings in bank 'B' before you save anything the same as in 'A' but in passive, or will the default settings remain as the default ones listed in the diagram on the Game Changer website, despite what's saved in bank 'A'? Thanks.
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

Quote Originally Posted by MSilvers View Post
    I know bank 'A' and bank 'B' are active and passive respectively, but as far as the two banks of presets, are the 5 position presets saved in bank 'A' the same in bank 'B', but just passive? Or are the presets totally individual between the two banks? If they are individual, when you have presets saved in bank 'A' are the default settings in bank 'B' before you save anything the same as in 'A' but in passive, or will the default settings remain as the default ones listed in the diagram on the Game Changer website, despite what's saved in bank 'A'? Thanks.
    The presets in Banks A/B are independent from one another. The default settings are the same so that users experience the tonal differences between the active and passive versions of the same pickup combination initially.

You know that your high school Chemistry class is getting to you when reading the pick-up settings for The Game Changer (1s2, 1p4) sound like electron configurations...
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

Blog Entries
    hahahaha good one!
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

I have one question about the Game Changer.
    How the $%#&* do you expect me to live without it now that I have played one?
    t.l.

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by tony levin View Post
    t.l.
    Welcome, newbie, and great first post!

heheheheee

It's an honor to have you here.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

http://www.coolshoesband.com

BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

Quote Originally Posted by tony levin View Post
    t.l.
    Hey, Tony! Glad you finally made it over to the forum. Good to see you at NAMM. You should talk to Derek about this Gamechanger thing, especially since I think they're still holding your burnt Stingray for ransom. :-)

Jack