Joe Dart
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer BASS? Just ask the Music Man team!

User Info Menu

Welcome Mr Levin
    Can't wait to hear new songs recorded with the GC
    Majesty Monarchy Royal Red Born 04/30/18
    JP12 Cherry Sugar Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX2XL+ & MFC101 MK3
    Boss WL-50, 2x Yamaha HS7 & HS8S, Shure SE535 Ltd, Sennheiser HD25 SP2...
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

User Info Menu

What are some of the pre-programmed tones the GC team are most excited about?
    Want to add a thumbrest without drilling holes in your bass? Read this post!

Bass player for Adam's Evil and From Dogs to Wolves.

As of now only playing Music Man basses!
    1998 Stingray Trans Red/Rosewood
    2007 Sterling HS Pacific Blue Burst/Maple
    GK 1001RB-II | GK 410RBX | GK 115RBX

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher View Post
    What are some of the pre-programmed tones the GC team are most excited about?
    This may sound weird, but honestly all of them! Not a day goes by that when playing with TGC one of us stops, and says, "That's a cool one!" There is so much at your fingertips, it is kind of hard not to be inspired by a tone that jumps out at you, and that is available immediately all of the time!
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    This may sound weird, but honestly all of them! Not a day goes by that when playing with TGC one of us stops, and says, "That's a cool one!" There is so much at your fingertips, it is kind of hard not to be inspired by a tone that jumps out at you, and that is available immediately all of the time!

ditto.

User Info Menu

Will it be possible to have different tones downloaded that have effects in them or just the different settings the bass can do?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    Will it be possible to have different tones downloaded that have effects in them or just the different settings the bass can do?
    The Game Changer is a pickup switching system, it does not 'do' effects.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    The Game Changer is a pickup switching system, it does not 'do' effects.
    I understand that but will people also be able to download stuff onto the website with effects used with the Game Changer?

User Info Menu

As far as I have understood the concept, the GC website covers GC settings only and hence only GC settings will be uploaded. Perhaps you can add some information on effects used, but I personally see a huge issue if you have +3 mio sound files to manage ...
    BASSS 4
    Classic Sabre
    White Reflex 4 HH

User Info Menu

SOmeone correct me if I'm wrong here….

JayDawg, from the way your question is worded it seems to me that you're not clear on what the GC actually does. It's not a modeling guitar like the Line6. There are no "sounds" in that sense, so the question about "uploading stuff onto the website with effects used with the Gamechanger" doesn't really have an answer any more than a question like "what is north of the North Pole?" has an answer.

My understanding is that the GC is a digital switching system that "rewires" the guitar. Nothing but. The files that get uploaded are configurations for the switching system that tell the guitar how to wire its pickups and switches. They're not "settings" or "sounds" or "models." The guitar behaves exactly like it has been opened up and physically rewired. The uploaded files have nothing to do with the signal itself… they only control the switches.

Think of it like this… Imagine a rail yard with lots of switches and a guy standing in a control tower with the big levers that control all the switches. The rails are the wires in the guitar. The tower is the Gamechanger. The trains are the signal. The guy is the configuration file.

The guy moving the switches has no impact on the trains at all except to tell them where to go.

or….

Are you asking if there's a place to add comments? For example, Tony Levin uploads his settings for "Don't Give Up" and inserts a note that says "To get the muted tone for the riff at the end I stuffed a diaper under the strings." (True, by the way.)

Don't know, but what good would it do? Something like "Here's a great tone, try it with a MuTron" doesn't seem particularly useful to me.

Are you asking if the site can handle sound samples e.g. mp3s? I don't think so, but again, what would be the point? There are lots of ways to share audio files already.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

http://www.coolshoesband.com

BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

User Info Menu

I think you answered my question adouglas. I know the GC just by itself basically gives you different settings as if you re-wired your basses electronics but what I was curious on is if someone was uploading some setting they had for everyone to share but they were also using an effects processor or pedal if that would be uploaded too so when someone else downloaded that same setting and it had let's say a "chorus" effect, would the chorus effect be downloaded as well but it sounds like it would not be. I am kind of computer stupid though so that is why I was wondering.

User Info Menu

I think you've got it.

Don't think of it like a computer.

If you were to do this manually… open the bass up and go at it with cutter, wire stripper and soldering iron… you couldn't add the sound of an effect, could you? All you'd do is change the wiring.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

http://www.coolshoesband.com

BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

User Info Menu

I am excited for this bass to come out. My problem is I am going to have to try and figure out how totalk the wife into letting me buy another bass. She thinks I have too many already but I want more!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg
    I think you answered my question adouglas. I know the GC just by itself basically gives you different settings as if you re-wired your basses electronics but what I was curious on is if someone was uploading some setting they had for everyone to share but they were also using an effects processor or pedal if that would be uploaded too so when someone else downloaded that same setting and it had let's say a "chorus" effect, would the chorus effect be downloaded as well but it sounds like it would not be. I am kind of computer stupid though so that is why I was wondering.
    The GC won't allow you to upload/download any specific effects settings. But I am guessing the website will have a notes field where people could say things like "meant to be played through a spring reverb" or whatever effects usage they use it with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CAW View Post
    The GC won't allow you to upload/download any specific effects settings. But I am guessing the website will have a notes field where people could say things like "meant to be played through a spring reverb" or whatever effects usage they use it with.
    No sure how much this thread is open to comments vs only questions to Drew, so if I am violating the rules, please forgive me. It seems contrary to what I understand the GC concept to be that this setting is meant for this or that setting is meant for that. I think it was one of the points made by Drew for why there is not a "which preset am I at now" indicator on the GC. It is meant to share wiring settings for you to "discover" tones and find uses for them. Again, you most likely are not going to have the exact same rig, strings, technique, ambient setting, EQ settings, and on and on as the person posting the setting. I think it is to use the GC wiring settings as a starting point for your own tonal discoveries.

--Ant
    The surest way to fail is not to try.

* 25th Anniversary 4HSS Venetian Red - Flamed - Rosewood FB - EB Cobalt Super Slinky Strings (Orpheus)
    * Bongo 4HHP- Sapphire Black - Rosewood FB - EB Cobalt Super Slinky Strings (Merlin)
    * Bongo 4HH Fretless - Lava Pearl - Pau Ferro FB - EB Coated Super Slinky Strings (Phoebe)
    * Stingray 4H Burnt Apple -Rosewood FB - EB Cobalt Super Slinky Strings (Yvette)
    * Ray34 4H Honey Burst - Rosewood FB - EB Cobalt Super Slinky Strings (Francis)

User Info Menu

I just watched Dave Larue explaining TGC HH reflex and noticed that is possible to use for example just bridge coil 1, or just coil 3...etc., right?

My Q is: -does that means that TGC reflex HH contains built in ceramic humbackers from standard Sterling Music Man bass, which including phantom coil(s) under the pickup(s)?
    Last edited by keko; 02-21-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: gramar