Music Man Modern Classics
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 133

Thread: Have a question about The Game Changer BASS? Just ask the Music Man team!

  1. #91

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by keko View Post
    I just watched Dave Larue explaining TGC HH reflex and noticed that is possible to use for example just bridge coil 1, or just coil 3...etc., right?

    My Q is: -does that means that TGC reflex HH contains built in ceramic humbackers from standard Sterling Music Man bass, which including phantom coil(s) under the pickup(s)?
    There are no phantom coils in TGC.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

  2. #92

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    There are no phantom coils in TGC.


    OK, thanks!

    Now I must admit that I really don't understand nothing about TGC again!
    How did You guys canceled hum in single coil mode than, probably with some electronic circuit like on Bongo's S pickup?
    OK, leave that as a factory secret, I will understand perfectly!

    But also must admit that I would really like to try one, 'cause I think it's a killer invention in the electric bass (guitar) world!

    What is the chance that my local dealer order one, so that customers can try TGC, I mean is there some kind of contract in official dealership about that? (I believe not, depends from dealer, to dealer probably...)

  3. #93

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by keko View Post


    OK, thanks!

    Now I must admit that I really don't understand nothing about TGC again!
    How did You guys canceled hum in single coil mode than, probably with some electronic circuit like on Bongo's S pickup?
    OK, leave that as a factory secret, I will understand perfectly!

    But also must admit that I would really like to try one, 'cause I think it's a killer invention in the electric bass (guitar) world!

    What is the chance that my local dealer order one, so that customers can try TGC, I mean is there some kind of contract in official dealership about that? (I believe not, depends from dealer, to dealer probably...)
    These will all be sold just like our other instruments. Contact your dealer or customer service for more information.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

  4. #94

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed View Post
    These will all be sold just like our other instruments. Contact your dealer or customer service for more information.
    OK, I'll contact my dealer about that, thanks for Your cooperation and patience!

  5. #95

    User Info Menu

    Let me see if I can word this:

    If you have a Game Changer bass and an amp that has both an active and a passive input, if you ran one quarter-inch cable from output 1 of TGC into the active input of the amp and one cable from output 2 of TGC into the passive input at the same time, could you get something where when you have the bass set to active it would only be sending signal through output 1 and therefore into the active input of the amp, and when set to passive it would only send signal through output 2 and therefore into the passive input of the amp? This way there would still always be only one channel running into the amp, and whatever level difference there is between active and passive should be made up.
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

  6. #96

    User Info Menu

    Can you run one quarter-inch cable from output 1 of TGC into the active input of one amp and at the same time run one cable from output 2 of TGC into the passive input of a second amp? Can you get TGC to output signal from both jacks at the same time?

    Thanks,

    backagain1

  7. #97

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MSilvers View Post
    Let me see if I can word this:

    If you have a Game Changer bass and an amp that has both an active and a passive input, if you ran one quarter-inch cable from output 1 of TGC into the active input of the amp and one cable from output 2 of TGC into the passive input at the same time, could you get something where when you have the bass set to active it would only be sending signal through output 1 and therefore into the active input of the amp, and when set to passive it would only send signal through output 2 and therefore into the passive input of the amp? This way there would still always be only one channel running into the amp, and whatever level difference there is between active and passive should be made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by backagain1 View Post
    Can you run one quarter-inch cable from output 1 of TGC into the active input of one amp and at the same time run one cable from output 2 of TGC into the passive input of a second amp? Can you get TGC to output signal from both jacks at the same time?

    Thanks,

    backagain1
    I have to ask for your patience on this one until the product is released into the wild. There may or may not have been some slight adjustments to the output functionality since the NAMM show. All for the better, of course
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

  8. #98

    User Info Menu

    I was told by the Bass Central guys (where I ordered TGC Bass from) that ETA is now pushed back to October. Do you know the reason for the delay?
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

  9. #99

    User Info Menu

    Nothing? I just want to know because come August I'm moving to college over 1,000 miles from home, I was originally planning and leaving my Ray at home and taking TGC with me when I drive there this summer (avoid flying with instruments), but now if it's not coming until October that sort of screws up that plan. I just want a confirmation from you guys that it is scheduled to come in October, and what would be the likely-hood that come October I call Bass Central and they tell me it's delayed until January now. Thanks.
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

  10. #100

    User Info Menu

    The E in ETA does mean estimate...

    I don't want to be rude, but you don't really have any right to know "why" it's delayed. There is no reason for them to disclose publicly what caused the estimate to be bumped to October. It's a new product. Sometimes, new products sometimes get pushed back due to unforeseen issues.

    And, how can you reasonably expect confirmation of an unknown? They can tell you today, "Yeah, sure...October, no problem" and tomorrow it gets delayed until January because Gamechanger Widget A had an issue that it didn't have today. Are you going to be mad because it changed? More mad than not having been told anything, at all?

    I'm sorry it's making things complicated with your time schedule with college (good luck, btw), but sometimes you just have to wait longer than initially estimated.

    I ordered a Ukulele Bass in February and was told it was going to be here at the end of March. That changed to June. That changed to "a couple more months." You just have to wait it out.


    Worse case scenario, you take the Stingray with you to college, and then have Bass Central ship it to you there. And, then you have two basses. If you only want one bass with you, you can use the Gamechanger box to ship the Stingray back to the folks for $40.
    slightly out of date pic
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1436_1.gif

    l to r:

    Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

    Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

    Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

  11. #101

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post
    And, how can you reasonably expect confirmation of an unknown? They can tell you today, "Yeah, sure...October, no problem" and tomorrow it gets delayed until January because Gamechanger Widget A had an issue that it didn't have today. Are you going to be mad because it changed? More mad than not having been told anything, at all?
    I'm not asking for "Yes definitely October" I understand they can't say that the same way they couldn't say definitely June or anything else. What I mean by confirm is that I've only heard October from the dealer so I'm asking for a confirmation that the current ETA for TGC from EBMM is October. I also understand they have the right to tell me nothing, but I guess I was curious if it is more of a delay due to paperwork/legal matters or more of a technical issue, but obviously they don't have to tell me anything, I just figured I'd see if they would.
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

  12. #102

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MSilvers View Post
    I'm not asking for "Yes definitely October" I understand they can't say that the same way they couldn't say definitely June or anything else. What I mean by confirm is that I've only heard October from the dealer so I'm asking for a confirmation that the current ETA for TGC from EBMM is October. I also understand they have the right to tell me nothing, but I guess I was curious if it is more of a delay due to paperwork/legal matters or more of a technical issue, but obviously they don't have to tell me anything, I just figured I'd see if they would.
    Silvers...Sorry for the late reply, for I was out of the office. To answer your question, we are finalizing a lot of the certifications, which puts aspects of the timeline out of our hands. However, we will get TGC out as soon as we can because we can't wait to put it in the publc's hands!

    Good luck at school~
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

  13. #103

    User Info Menu

    bassmonkeee...Thanks for the backup while I was away. However, please let us do our best to send an official response to the questions asked on these threads. We just want to make sure the "real" answer is coming from the source.

    Thank you~
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

  14. #104

    User Info Menu

    Thanks Drew. This bass is going to be insane! And fortunately I have may Stingray to play while I wait.
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

  15. #105

    User Info Menu

    So .... any news on when the Game Changer is going to be released?
    BASSS 4
    Classic Sabre
    White Reflex 4 HH

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums