EBMM Stingray bass green
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: poll for what you would like to see next

User Info Menu

how could it be cheating? i think thats a ridiculous statement ,
    im really looking forward to seeing what the game changer can do, after watching all the videos and the new one with big poppa using it with bluetooth and an ipad, im really excited to see how far it can be taken.
    if thats cheating then things like the fractal axe fx is cheating hahah and its not at all, its just an evolution of an instrument that i think should be embraced
    Endorsed by Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars USA.
    Featured on the music man Artist page: http://www.music-man.com/artists/dean-wells.html
    Custom Reflex (emerald green sparkle burst/ebony roasted neck)
    25th Anniversary Ernie Ball quilt.
    Reflex/GameChanger Maple neck HSH
    BFR LUKE Emerald Burst Flame top
    LUKE pearl blue
    REFLEX- Maple Neck White/Black

Want list Steve Morse Y2D Blue
    Armada Black burst.

my band TERAMAZE
    www.teramaze.com.au
    My production page
    www.dwellsmusic.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dwells View Post
    how could it be cheating? i think thats a ridiculous statement ,
    im really looking forward to seeing what the game changer can do, after watching all the videos and the new one with big poppa using it with bluetooth and an ipad, im really excited to see how far it can be taken.
    if thats cheating then things like the fractal axe fx is cheating hahah and its not at all, its just an evolution of an instrument that i think should be embraced
    Agreed.. I had the privileged to play one and I must say " now I want one"!
    EBMM artist.
    Albert Lee HH (in production)
    AXIS SPORT
    SBMM AX30
    SBMM JP100
    SBMM SILO30
    SUB RAY4
    SUB RAY5
    EB-WAH
    EB-JRVP

User Info Menu

Music man were amazing enough to send me a game changer and I've been playing around with it for 2 weeks now and I have to sa it is an amazing instrument and I can't get enough of it.
    So many tones and such an easy system to figure out.
    I love it and I've been asked to do some gamechanger clinics in Australia so I can't wait to show people what this bad boy can really do.
    P.s it's also my first guitar with piezo oh my goodness !! Mixing it with a single coil tone is sensational.
    Thnx again guys
    Featured on the music man Artist page: http://www.music-man.com/artists/dean-wells.html
    LUKE pearl blue

Armada Black burst.

my band TERAMAZE
    www.teramaze.com.au
    My production page
    www.dwellsmusic.com

User Info Menu

People don't get the range of new tones available and what the Game Changer can actually unlock. A demo video really exploring the concept and the tones would be fabulous. I'd love to see a demo that actually focuses on some of the new combinations and instead of "here's a plain black guitar, here's some software, here's some sounds". Nobody is showing off what it actually can achieve sonically, or adding the piezo, or the midi functionalities. It's all being missed!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    People don't get the range of new tones available and what the Game Changer can actually unlock. A demo video really exploring the concept and the tones would be fabulous. I'd love to see a demo that actually focuses on some of the new combinations and instead of "here's a plain black guitar, here's some software, here's some sounds". Nobody is showing off what it actually can achieve sonically, or adding the piezo, or the midi functionalities. It's all being missed!
    +1 (well said)
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

I'm doing a video shortly ill do my best to add in any suggestions.
    LUKE pearl blue

Armada Black burst.

my band TERAMAZE
    www.teramaze.com.au
    My production page
    www.dwellsmusic.com

User Info Menu

More colors fire-engine red, midnight blue, alder or mahogany body, and a nice fat neck (I have very large hands).
    Music Man's customer service is TERRIFIC!
    1st EBMM: 2008 Silhouette Special, Candy Red, HSS, trem, rosewood.
    2nd EBMM: (Sold) 2007 Luke, HSS, Black.
    3rd EBMM: 2008 Steve Morse Y2D, De-Purple Burst, trem, 500k ohm pots. Most beautiful guitar I have ever seen!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dwells View Post
    I'm doing a video shortly ill do my best to add in any suggestions.
    Hey Dean,

Could you please play the same thing using several different combinations so we can hear the difference when playing the same music?

Thanks alot,
    Bryan

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

I've been playing guitar since 1959 and have always wanted the "perfect guitar". The Game Changer HSH Reflex with vibrato could be about as close to a perfect guitar as is possible. I have been waiting for this guitar for decades!
    My only gripe is the basswood body. I like my guitars to have a nice solid wood, like maple, alder, ash, or mahogany. I have found over the years that all else being equal a heavy/solid wood will have better sustain.
    Music Man's customer service is TERRIFIC!
    1st EBMM: 2008 Silhouette Special, Candy Red, HSS, trem, rosewood.
    2nd EBMM: (Sold) 2007 Luke, HSS, Black.
    3rd EBMM: 2008 Steve Morse Y2D, De-Purple Burst, trem, 500k ohm pots. Most beautiful guitar I have ever seen!

User Info Menu

Volt, it's chambered basswood with a mahogany tone block from the bridge to the neck pocket and a maple top. It's the best of all worlds, and a fantastic sounding guitar, even without the Game Changer.

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

The only two things I would ask for is a 5-string option and some choice in color. My ideal Gamechanger bass would be a 5 string Reflex in Venetian Redburst, like the 25ths.

User Info Menu

I love the craftsmanship, playability and versatility of the GC. It would be really useful to leverage the experience of the Ernie Ball team and the user base to post the GC configurations that re-create the tones on some of the great recordings. This could be part of the library, a pdf file, or just a special forum. To be sure, amps and pedals are part of those tones, but that information could be posted as well.

User Info Menu

Maybe this has been talked about before, but I was curious..I am catching up on this technology now.

Is the GC only currently offered on the Reflex platform because the additional "interior space" of the chambering allows room for the additional componetry? I've not seen the innards of a GC so I am just curious. If that is true, I am guessing either the size of the extra components would simply be need to evolved into a smaller size for it to start to be easily used in other full solid designs. That just is my "somewhat newbie" speculation, or maybe total BS?
    Current:
    Valentine
    Reflex Custom - Trans Black Flame
    SM-Y2D - Tobacco Burst

Exes:
    Axis - Burnt Apple
    JP6 - Mystic Dream

User Info Menu

No, the chambering isn't like that. The GC electronics go into a control cavity just like you'd expect. The chambering (and body construction) is pretty much identical to this 25th Anniversary guitar (which is the same guitar)...

poll for what you would like to see next-mm25av_body-chamber-jpg
    Last edited by DrKev; 06-26-2013 at 01:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    No, the chambering isn't like that. The GC electronics go into a control cavity just like you'd expect. The chambering (and body construction) is pretty much identical to this 25th Anniversary guitar (which is the same guitar)...

poll for what you would like to see next-mm25av_body-chamber-jpg
    Cool, thanks for the information. Now I know what is inside my Reflex, much more advanced than the Gibson chambering for sure.
    Current:
    Valentine
    Reflex Custom - Trans Black Flame
    SM-Y2D - Tobacco Burst

Exes:
    Axis - Burnt Apple
    JP6 - Mystic Dream