EBMM Stingray bass green
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: poll for what you would like to see next

User Info Menu

poll for what you would like to see next

I'm usually against these sort of fanboy requests and i'm sure they annoy mr poppa. But. This sort of light hearted poll may be beneficial just to sort of gauge what people's opinions are on what they would like to see next with the gamechanger tech. As i'm 100% sure the technology won't just be on a reflex forever

User Info Menu

Silo please?
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Morse!

User Info Menu

I'd like to see a built-in preamp that can be assigned to any one coil or to the entire combination. You could correct differences in volume between series and parallel combinations or apply a boost to certain selections.

Is the Silent Circuit part of the GC package? It would be very cool if it automatically decided how much correction of whatever polarity to apply on the basis of how the coils are combined.

And I'd like to be able to make a nice cup of tea from the bank-z switch too. That would be nice.

And yes, put it all in a green or blue Silo Special, or something like the current PDN Silo Special, yeah!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Guitar: Gamechanger Mahogany Albert Lee HHp, or HSHp, with Trem, Roasted or Full Rosewood neck and some nice Trans Colour selections

Bass: Gamechanger Mahogany Bongo 5 HHp with the bridge pickup in the "sweet-spot", standard GC 5-way switch setup, roasted neck, Ebony Fingerboard and some nice Trans colour selections - also available in Fretless.

Edit: How about Spalted Maple tops with no binding. As long as you're asking!

That's all.
    Last edited by stu42; 08-27-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Bongo 5H, BFR Roasted, Black Sugar
    Bongo 5Hp Fretless, Mahogany, Roasted, Honey Burst

User Info Menu

I'd like to see a Game Changer kit made available to retrofit other guitars with this technology.

L

User Info Menu

More colors. I love my Reflex GC but I already have too many black basses!
    Buncha Rays and Bongos

User Info Menu

black is a nice finish......in a show room
    it's very difficult to have a very clean guitar fingers prints etc..
    if it was trans black with a figured top it'll be so good.... on a hight end guitar
    i've owned one black guitar few years ago and promiss to me to never never bought one again

Reflex and GC are great guitars and seems haven't all the success wanted
    colors line and finish are a part of this state

a reflex is more expensive than an Axis which have figured top and neck and a large color choice

User Info Menu

The current Reflex in HSH with chrome pups and pacific blue burst finish
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by threeminutesboy View Post
    The current Reflex in HSH with chrome pups and pacific blue burst finish
    yes my friend ....great idea ....

User Info Menu

Like to see a Game Changer with a wider neck at nut 1-11/16 and also different neck woods, will pay good $$$ to change my neck for any that is wider.
    Last edited by jbliguori; 09-13-2012 at 12:55 PM.

User Info Menu

For a bass player, I would love to see it added to a Bongo. They are my number 1 go to basses that I use. I also agree on the black thing too. I love black basses but own 4 black ones already. 2 of which are Music Man basses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ily View Post
    yes my friend ....great idea ....
    Me too, that would be excellent!

User Info Menu

Out Of Touch

So I'm still learning about all the options this instrument has and Ill be honest, I'm not much of a gear head so it's still is a little confusing to me. I love the fact that the Reflex was chosen for this because its such a bitchen model. Call me old fashioned, but where is the pride in having 250,000 tones in a single guitar? I love guitars for their ability to have their own distinct and unique tones that come solely from the wood and other specs alike. Also, I have recently been experimenting with the new TC Electronic Tone Print pedals and again I am not impressed by "cheating" and downloading other players sounds. Am I alone or am I completely out of touch with this whole thing?

User Info Menu

Well, I can see you point of view with the effects and players patches. Obviously, some people prefer to find their own sound without reaching back to what others have done first. But for some people emulating their heroes and getting their sound is an important part of their "hobby". (It's also an important part of the market). Two different approaches. We each do what makes us happiest.

Where the GC is concerned, having the huge palette of sounds doesn't change anything. Remember the game changer is really just a high tech switch. The tone comes from the same place - the pickups and the guitar. Remember, it's not 'modelling' or digital whatnot. It's still a totally analog signal path, just the pickups interacting with each other and the guitar as a whole as they did before. The only difference is that we can choose them in what ever combinations we wish, in an easy manner, without a soldering iron or a degree in electrical engineering. It's not cheating any more than going from a two-pickup Telecaster to a HSH superstrat with a 5-way multipole switch, tone control, and coil tap is cheating.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.