Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: Christmas was good this year!

User Info Menu

Christmas was good this year!

So the wife gave the blessing to go ahead and get a guitar. I had originally found a left over JP 6 BFR Roasted Neck that I was going to get but just found out it sold a few weeks back. Choice #2, The Game Changer! It should ship tomorrow and I should have it early next week. I got the HSH with piezo and trmolo option with a rosewood fretboard. I freaking cannot wait. Here is a picture of the exact guitar from the MM page.

User Info Menu

Jingle Bell "rock"!!

User Info Menu

You will love it! The pickups are amazing, the neck is fantastic, the sounds you can get from the Game Changer will make you grin!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

I played one a few months back and fell in love. I would have loved to have stayed and played it longer but the wife was giving me her impatient look. She gave the blessing on this one amazingly but I had sold off some more gear to afford it so that is probably why but when it does get here, it will be played quite a bit.

User Info Menu

Congrats! They sound amazing!
    If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience. - John Cage

Neptune Blue BFR ALSSS flamed with trem
    Trans Red Axis
    Eurorack modular and synth fiend.
    Twin Reverb 15"

User Info Menu

Congrats, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    The neck is fantastic
    Does the Reflex have a neck most similar to a Morse?

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

I dunno, possibly. It felt bigger than a Silhouette neck. Which is the thickest necked EBMM?
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tollie View Post
    Congrats, Jay.

Does the Reflex have a neck most similar to a Morse?

When I played the Game Changer at a Music Man store in Denver a few months back, I also played a BFR Roasted Neck JP6. Compared to it, the Game Changer had a much fatter neck. The JP6's neck was very thin. Last year I bought my youngest son a Sterling by Music Man Sub Silo3. With it, the neck felt similar to it but I don't recall how much different it is? I will find out tomorrow though. I do remember from playing the Game Changer a few months back that it was still very comfortable to play with the thicker neck and from what I remember it didn't feel all that super thick to me. It felt nice and playable but the circumference of the JP 6 neck was different.

User Info Menu

Jay, will this be your very first ebmm guitar?

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Yes this will be. There are so many of them that I love though but with all of the infinite tonal options of the Game Changer, this had to be the first one. I was also looking at a BFR Roasted Neck JP6 that was used and in the same price range but it just sold. Had it still been available, I would have gotten it because I love the roasted necks but ever since the Game Changer was released, I have also wanted one of those too. I can't wait to get this in the studio too. I have some good friends that are full time recording artists and next time I meet up with them, I am going to look forward to seeing the giddy looks on their face when I let them try this thing out.

User Info Menu

So you've had almost a week with it. What are your favorite presets?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by auxren View Post
    So you've had almost a week with it. What are your favorite presets?
    You know that is a good question. I got the guitar Friday night and started playing around with it almost all day Saturday. I have not had the chance to experiment with any of the online settings yet but will be soon. So as far as the stock settings go, there are a few that I like. Really though, I am still learning this guitar but at the same time I am also learning how to play again myself. I am also teaching my youngest son how to play too so I haven't done a lot of tonal experimentation yet but do plan on doing so hopefully sometime soon.