Not electric until you plug it in

Thread: Setting Up Your Game Changer to Work With MIDI

User Info Menu

Setting Up Your Game Changer to Work With MIDI

If you would like to be subscribed to Mr. Game Changer's Toolbox, shoot me an e-mail to mrgamechanger@ernieball.com
    Last edited by MrGameChanger; 05-22-2014 at 10:51 AM.

User Info Menu

I still don't understand how Game Changer is benefiting the Majesty. Hell, I still don't really even know what Game Changer is...
    BFR JPXI 6-string SLEDGE
    BFR JP12 7-string
    Luke III HSS (Black)
    StingRay 5 HH (Pace Car Blue)

User Info Menu

The Game Changer technology in the Majesty provides faster and quieter switching than normal mechanical switches.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrGameChanger View Post
    The Game Changer technology in the Majesty provides faster and quieter switching than normal mechanical switches.
    Switching of... ?
    BFR JPXI 6-string SLEDGE
    BFR JP12 7-string
    Luke III HSS (Black)

User Info Menu

... pickups.

User Info Menu

So, how much more did Game Changer raise the price of the Majesty when the toggle switch works just as well?

I can appreciate the tech in something like the Reflex, where it does a ton of different things. Maybe I'm still not understanding this.
    BFR JPXI 6-string SLEDGE
    BFR JP12 7-string
    Luke III HSS (Black)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Suarez View Post
    ...when the toggle switch works just as well?
    It doesn't....That's why we put TGC in!

The speed and sound of the electronic switching in the Majesty was a solution to a request from JP to eliminate and control the drawbacks of a mechanical switch. Of course, we are talking about milliseconds of "undesirable" sound and/or silence between pickup selection, but with the amount of notes and switching that takes place during JPs performance, it is completely useful and beneficial.
    "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Perhaps the next version of TGC will also compensate for milliseconds of "undesirable" sound caused by my fingers and brain not switching fast enough!

User Info Menu

If Mr Petrucci wants gamechanger technology, Mr Petrucci gets gamechanger technology.

When you play at the speed he does, these things matter to you.
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.