Ernie Ball Cables
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has EBMM forgotten and abandoned the Game Changer platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    guys the cost of re writing for all the browsers kills us...its insane.
    Did you consider something like Patreon for people who want to pitch in and help out in financing? Or do you think that wouldn't work for something like this?

So are those of us that purchased the game changer guitar just screwed? How will we maintain the ability to do what we paid for (Change pickup combination ) if you do not have a working application or keep the web browsers working? I SEE THE GUITAR IS OFF THE WEBSITE so is the Game Changer official dead?

I don't work for EBMM but my guess would be that it's not currently profitable to continue to accept orders on new Game Changer guitars and basses, but that they will continue to support the current application for those of us who have the instruments. I also wouldn't be shocked if they revisit the technology sometime in the future.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Formerly MSilvers but forgot all my log-in info...

2012 Game Changer Bass
    2008 Stingray 4 HH

That sounds pretty reasonable.

Keep in mind that that technology is still being used- it provides switching for the Majesty, for example (though it's not open to configuration the way it is on the GC instruments). So I imagine we'll see more of it one day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaverneSo View Post
    Did you consider something like Patreon for people who want to pitch in and help out in financing? Or do you think that wouldn't work for something like this?
    Fill me in I dont know what Patreon is
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

BP,

I believe it is another form of go fund me.
    Stingray Classic 4H D.O.B. 07/09/10 Breast Cancer Awareness Bass Shell Pink
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 12/28/10 Black Sugar BFR Roasted Neck
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 03/26/14 Candy Apple Red All Rosewood Neck
    Stingray 5H D.O.B. 06/25/13 Black
    30th Anniversary Stingray 5H D.O.B. 02/28/17 Transparent Buttercream
    Bongo 5HH D.O.B. 03/16/17 Barolo Metallic Purple w/ Roasted Maple Neck
    ALL INSTRUMENTS NOW FOR SALE

Patreon is a website that essentially allows users to subscribe to specific "creators" of a wide variety, as a way for users to more or less directly pay creators for their work instead of it having to go through some large scale platform that takes a huge cut of the money. I believe it's most commonly used for things such as podcasts, comics, and blogs. Not sure it would work well for something like this, but I could be wrong.

About | Patreon
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Formerly MSilvers but forgot all my log-in info...

2012 Game Changer Bass
    2008 Stingray 4 HH

For the last time EB MM. What is going to happen with the ability to keep Game Changer ability to edit the pickup combinations through the software?

Quote Originally Posted by dwheelr View Post
    I look forward to more GC development for sure - I think the system is spectacular, and I'd like it on everything.

I actually had my guitar modded with stainless steel frets, and SD P-rails pickups neck and bridge, with a Lindy Fralin Steel Pole 42 in the middle. Sweet jeebus, those upgrades made an already magical guitar even magicaller. It's not perfect at every single thing, but it's perfect at every single thing I want.

I couldn't help but notice that there's a spot on the circuit board for a sixth pickup. How would one go about making that work, I wonder? Would the app detect the sixth coil to allow configuration? Just think of the possibilities.
    I have a couple PRails and Iím considering swapping one into the neck position on my HSHP. How does the rail sound combine with the middle pickup?
    A better question might be, if you had it to do over again, would you?