Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has EBMM forgotten and abandoned the Game Changer platform?

Has EBMM forgotten and abandoned the Game Changer platform?

Why nothing new in 4 or 5 years for the Game Changer?
    Why no 5 string bass?
    Why no new colors?
    Stainless Steal Frets?

Is it a good idea to keep these guitars? with the website and software support go away one day?

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster38 View Post
    Why nothing new in 4 or 5 years for the Game Changer?
    Why no 5 string bass?
    Why no new colors?
    Stainless Steal Frets?

Is it a good idea to keep these guitars? with the website and software support go away one day?
    The Game Changer is still being supported, and will still be part of our lineup going forward. I'm sure as you know its a niche, high-minded instrument, and has yet to catch on to huge mass appeal. Not only because its the vehicle for some very technical concepts, but its also expensive.

We only have so many resources to work with at the MM factory, and we can be pulled in new directions at any moment like with the STV and Valentine models, or if JP gets a wild hair and wants something new.

We keep working on it and tinkering behind the scenes, like I always say, stay tuned for more.
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyBall View Post
    The Game Changer is still being supported, and will still be part of our lineup going forward.
    That's good to hear!

I had listed mine for sale at one time, as I just didn't bond with it quickly after picking it up in a trade earlier this year. I took it out of the case again more recently, and I've really enjoyed playing it now. It's a bit on the heavy side for me, so I don't want to play a long gig with it over my neck or anything, but I like it a lot when I'm sitting in my studio. So, I'm now glad that the transaction where I was going to move it fell apart.
    ---------------
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH Starry Night (DOB 12/29/2016)
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon (DOB 11/29/2016)
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo (DOB 9/11/2014)
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo (DOB 5/22/2012)
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo (DOB 11/7/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    That's good to hear!

I had listed mine for sale at one time, as I just didn't bond with it quickly after picking it up in a trade earlier this year. I took it out of the case again more recently, and I've really enjoyed playing it now. It's a bit on the heavy side for me, so I don't want to play a long gig with it over my neck or anything, but I like it a lot when I'm sitting in my studio. So, I'm now glad that the transaction where I was going to move it fell apart.
    That's fair, I think it was always geared towards being a studio tool more than anything.
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H

That's fair, I think it was always geared towards being a studio tool more than anything.
    I should add, I've only owned EBMM electrics. I'm sure there's someone out there who's gigged with a classic LP over their shoulder saying, "HEAVY?!?" The Game Changer is heavy relative to my LIII or Axis.
    ---------------

The Game Changer is still being supported, and will still be part of our lineup going forward. I'm sure as you know its a niche, high-minded instrument, and has yet to catch on to huge mass appeal. Not only because its the vehicle for some very technical concepts, but its also expensive.

We only have so many resources to work with at the MM factory, and we can be pulled in new directions at any moment like with the STV and Valentine models, or if JP gets a wild hair and wants something new.

We keep working on it and tinkering behind the scenes, like I always say, stay tuned for more.
    Thanks for the response.

I for one wish for three things, 1&11/16" nut width, Stainless frets, and better splitting pickups (Maybe even 5 single coils like the PRS 509. I have HSHP and find the single coil sounds lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster38 View Post
    Thanks for the response.

I for one wish for three things, 1&11/16" nut width, Stainless frets, and better splitting pickups (Maybe even 5 single coils like the PRS 509. I have HSHP and find the single coil sounds lacking.
    Lacking compared to what? Also, if you have a HSHP, then you five single coils. I find your posts lacking.
    “You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” - Keith Richards

'14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25
    Suhr Corso
    Black Star HT-1
    Bad Cat 2x12

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoonc View Post
    Lacking compared to what? Also, if you have a HSHP, then you five single coils. I find your posts lacking.
    He can voice his opinion, we can all play nice here. He may not like the GC's single coil and that's ok. Personally I would love a SSS GC or something crazy like a H MM90 S P GC.
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H

He can voice his opinion, we can all play nice here. He may not like the GC's single coil and that's ok. Personally I would love a SSS GC or something crazy like a H MM90 S P GC.
    Haha, I'm not upset. Just really didn't get the post. The PRS he mentioned is literally the exact same pickup configuration. Just seemed like he wanted to float general empty complaints.
    “You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” - Keith Richards

'14 GC HSHP

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25
    Suhr Corso
    Black Star HT-1
    Bad Cat 2x12

Or a Steve Morse GC while we're at it

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoonc View Post
    Haha, I'm not upset. Just really didn't get the post. The PRS he mentioned is literally the exact same pickup configuration. Just seemed like he wanted to float general empty complaints.
    I got you. Just wanted to make sure it didn't escalate.

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Or a Steve Morse GC while we're at it
    Now THAT'S a no-brainer. What about: Morse style pups in a AL body with a GC system.
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H

Giddy up

Now THAT'S a no-brainer. What about: Morse style pups in a AL body with a GC system.
    Tease!
    ---------------

I've had two of them and love them. The first one I sold to pay off some medical bills after Rochelle had some more medical issues after her breast cancer. I got another one this past November and was beyond stoked to have one again but then EBMM released the 30th Anniversary Stingray 5 right before my 45 day money back guarantee expired at Guitar Center. I had to have that bass so as much as I didn't want to, I returned my second Game Changer guitar so my 30th Anniversary SR5 could get ordered. I guess third time will be a charm. I am hoping to order another one within the next year or so but there is also a few more EBMM basses that I still want to get first.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/JRalston/7d65a184-4304-464d-9f3a-c83a9712dbe8_zps69d1fb3d.jpg
    Stingray Classic 4H D.O.B. 07/09/10 Breast Cancer Awareness Bass Shell Pink
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 12/28/10 Black Sugar BFR Roasted Neck
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 03/26/14 Candy Apple Red All Rosewood Neck
    Stingray 5H D.O.B. 06/25/13 Black
    30th Anniversary Stingray 5H D.O.B. 02/28/17 Transparent Buttercream
    Bongo 5HH D.O.B. 03/16/17 Barolo Metallic Purple w/ Roasted Maple Neck

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    I should add, I've only owned EBMM electrics. I'm sure there's someone out there who's gigged with a classic LP over their shoulder saying, "HEAVY?!?" The Game Changer is heavy relative to my LIII or Axis.
    Exactly. I have two ASS semis--one a hardtail MM90, which is super light. I love the ergonomics of the GC better than the ASS, but the MM90 semi is so light that I grab it 75% of the time. (Plus I love the MM90 pickups.) That said, and to reiterate your point, that is comparing the GC to another MM guitar. It's still easily lighter than a strat or a LP, even with the trem on an HSH configuration. So, yeah, throw a GC over the shoulder of a LP guy and set Bank A to a classic dual humbucker configuration (with a couple of sweetened tones thrown in just for fun) and I bet that player will be extremely happy.

'14 GC HSHP

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25
    Suhr Corso
    Black Star HT-1
    Bad Cat 2x12